The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would be easier to make slider if the slots were parallel. however the way they are with the shoulder strap going into the 30 degree angled slot and the waist strap leaving a vertical slot makes for a very nice, natural angle, bind up free configuration.

...but no matter how nice they are there will still be wear and tear. It is metal vs nylon (or poly) after all.
Just sayin’.

Yes, that angle to vertical is nice and works very well. If you made that shoulder slot vertical it would be more of a wear/flex point than the Akimbo is.

Wish me luck that I'll get to use it enough to wear it out!

I do my best to deburr and round over all the slots, but no matter how nice they are there will still be wear and tear. It is metal vs nylon (or poly) after all.

True, but a little fraying is not especially relevant beyond aesthetics. You should see some of my 30 year old harnesses on my shallow water bailout bottle. Tired looking but more than strong enough to tear body parts off if it ever saw that kind of force.

True, but a little fraying is not especially relevant beyond aesthetics. You should see some of my 30 year old harnesses on my shallow water bailout bottle. Tired looking but more than strong enough to tear body parts off if it ever saw that kind of force.
I just burn the frayed edges and go diving :)

I know that and you know that, but I meant the post as more of a public service message to the newcomers just to understand that webbing doesn’t stay perfect. As a matter of fact, worn webbing is regarded as a right of passsge and means that you dive enough to have earned the “patina” on your gear.

How are you doing Eric? Has everything gone back to semi-normal at least?

I hope so. He finished and sent my new FPC yesterday.

Well, my plate took its maiden voyage to Fiji. Not a single negative thing to say. The comfort level throughout the 8 diving days was quite welcome. Paired with the Mares XR 22lb wing and the Deep 6 regs, had a very uneventful set of dives. Well, at least as far as the gear goes. First full day we dropped into some seriously pissed off ocean!

View media item 204464

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom