Votes: 87 54.7%
  • DIR diver

Votes: 40 25.2%
  • other, please explain

Votes: 32 20.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, we went over Ratio Deco in Rec Triox as well, not in as much detail as Andrew went into it in the workshop, but we did talk about it as a strategy.

On a side note can anyone point me to info on Ratio Deco? Any links?
I'm curious as to what the specifics are and how it works on a recreational dive.

Its not really part of recreational dive planning. The principles are there, but its called ratio deco for a reason :)

Looks like the 'Non' DIR divers had a good showing at the poll! :D

Looks like the 'Non' DIR divers had a good showing at the poll! :D

Are you kidding? There are what, less than 50 GUE instructors in the world, and 10s of thousands of non-GUE scuba instructors? There's a freakish OVER-representation of DIR divers, not the opposite! This poll shouldn't even be close!

Are you kidding? There are what, less than 50 GUE instructors in the world, and 10s of thousands of non-GUE scuba instructors? There's a freakish OVER-representation of DIR divers, not the opposite! This poll shouldn't even be close!

Go ahead and be a 'bad sport'.....like it really bothers me or anyone else... :rofl3: You just don't get it....I never mentioned GUE in the poll question....I know of several instructors that are DIR and have never taken a GUE class. Besides folks on this and other scuba boards whom don't fill in the basics in the bio section I give little thought to as divers....just someone hitting the keyboard. :mooner:

Besides folks on this and other scuba boards whom don't fill in the basics in the bio section I give little thought to as divers....just someone hitting the keyboard. :mooner:
And some folks fill out their bio section like each class is some kind of merit badge... :shrug:

John

Go ahead and be a 'bad sport'.....like it really bothers me or anyone else... :rofl3: You just don't get it....I never mentioned GUE in the poll question....I know of several instructors that are DIR and have never taken a GUE class. Besides folks on this and other scuba boards whom don't fill in the basics in the bio section I give little thought to as divers....just someone hitting the keyboard. :mooner:

Wow, that's an idiotic post.

And some folks fill out their bio section like each class is some kind of merit badge... :shrug:

John

You fall into the group of posters that opt. not to provide any evidence via the SB bio of your dive history and diving credentials highlights--its very hard to put any weight into your comments quite frankly---has nothing to do with merit badges, it has to do with stepping up to bat with some stats to support your statements/comments/experience. This is the reason for the bio section...most divers are proud of their dive history and accomplishments. I don't find that learning a bit about your fellow SB thread posters is a crime. IMO

Tens of thousands?? This is posted under technical diving. I really doubt there are more than 1500 or so active technical instructors worldwide at any one time (from all agencies combined).

.........it has to do with stepping up to bat with some stats to support your statements/comments/experience. I don't find that learning a bit about your fellow SB thread posters is a crime. IMO

Usually you get that by just reading a lot of what they post.

Ya know, like finding out their actual hands-on experience WRT DIR/GUE for example, when all they seem to do is complain about it on every second post.

When you find out that answer is, well, nil..............

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom