Non Diver Ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggiebq86

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’m going to Cozumel at the end of July with a group of non divers. None have been there before and I wanted to give them some ideas of what to do. I was thinking a sunset cruise might be nice. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I’m going to Cozumel at the end of July with a group of non divers. None have been there before and I wanted to give them some ideas of what to do. I was thinking a sunset cruise might be nice. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Another great thing for non divers, assuming they like being on a boat and in the ocean is a Cielo trip. Cielo is the stereotypical crystal clear white sandy bottom and aqua blue water Caribbean paradise spot. Cielo means Heaven! Starfish, occasional friendly stingray or turtle - but it’s shallow so people hang out in the water with their floats or even just standing.

We can also add a snorkel
Piece to that at Columbia shallows.

Definitely rent a car or keep - or hire a taxi to take you around the island one day. Don’t miss Coconuts and rastas.

Punta Sur Park is also a great way to
Spend the day - pristine beaches and you can gonupmin the lighthouse. I’d recommend at least half a day there to get your entry fee worth.

Also, for the more adventuresome types, Adrian Cozumel
Has an amazing north end tour that includes snorkeling, climbing a lighthouse, and visiting some ancient ruins not too many people know about.

Hit up the tequila factory...that'll hold them over for at least two days :wink:

mysite-2

Last edited:
I believe that one of the biggest draws of Cozumel is its beautiful reef, so if your friends don’t dive, they ought to at the very least take a snorkel tour. There is some great snorkeling in the shallows off of Punta Sur Park and at Columbia Shallows. But there are a ton of other things to do on Cozumel. I heartily second the notion of an East side tour - Rasta’s Bar, Coconuts, and Mezcalito’s at the turn off to the trans island road for some great grilled shrimp. Then there is the tour of the Kaokao Chocolate Factory, haggling with the locals over a hand woven hammock or a molcajeta at the Municipal Mercado, Breakfast at the Museo restaurant and a tour of the Museum, a day at Chankanaab Park. Lots to do.

I believe that one of the biggest draws of Cozumel is its beautiful reef, so if your friends don’t dive, they ought to at the very least take a snorkel tour. There is some great snorkeling in the shallows off of Punta Sur Park and at Columbia Shallows. But there are a ton of other things to do on Cozumel. I heartily second the notion of an East side tour - Rasta’s Bar, Coconuts, and Mezcalito’s at the turn off to the trans island road for some great grilled shrimp. Then there is the tour of the Kaokao Chocolate Factory, haggling with the locals over a hand woven hammock or a molcajeta at the Municipal Mercado, Breakfast at the Museo restaurant and a tour of the Museum, a day at Chankanaab Park. Lots to do.
Museum is closed for renovations for the next 18 months or so

Not sure how much you've traveled or researched destinations in the past, but Trip Advisor's 'Things to Do' section for a given place can offer some possibilities.

Richard.

We like any day or sunset/dinner cruises, but several years ago we really had a great time on the Jean Laffite Pirate Dinner Cruise. Sunset cruise with really good food!

The San Gervasio Mayan ruins are great to see. About 8 of us rented a taxi driver for several hours and we went to the tequila factory for a tour which was very interesting, we visited the Mayan ruins, and did a tour of the east side of the island. It was really a fun day since we couldn't dive due to the port being closed.

We like any day or sunset/dinner cruises, but several years ago we really had a great time on the Jean Laffite Pirate Dinner Cruise. Sunset cruise with really good food!
I was wondering how this was. I had been thinking of signing up for it but didn't want to get stuck with an overpriced meal with a cheesy, touristy setting.

Oh the pirate cruise is touristy but it is also a hoot. Cheap tequila and good food. My family did it a couple years ago and everyone had fun. It can get a bit juicy with the pirates running around with squirt bottles of booze and an open bar. Surprising the food was exceptional. The pirate “show” was fun, definitely worth doing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom