Norte Coming next Sunday and Monday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Windguru .com indicates fairly strong north winds starting Sunday afternoon. If shops leave early that should let the morning trips get in 2 full dives if they have fast boats but the port will probably close between 3 and 5 pm.

Monday will be questionable in the morning but should improve as the day goes on and open the port by early afternoon. With a slight easterly component it will probably make our east side diving impossible too…darn as that can be the best dive in Cozumel.

The bottom line is that you should be able to get two dives on both days but be prepared for some chaos in getting out on scheduled times.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

www.aldora.com

AS of 2 pm on Thursday the windguru.com update shows the Sunday winds arriving earlier than first expected so it may be tough to get 2 dives in Sunday and Monday is looking poor as well. Sorry!

Dave

If I was diving with you and weather did not permit dives, or sunning on the beach, I would always be interested in some classroom training to advance my knowledge....just sayn

If I was diving with you and weather did not permit dives, or sunning on the beach, I would always be interested in some classroom training to advance my knowledge....just sayn

Great Idea and we do have the rooms for that at the Villa Aldora. However, with our east side diving capabilities and cenote trips, seldom do we leave our divers "High and Dry".

. ON the other hand it does happen and your suggestion is a great one. I'll work on that!

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

www.aldora.com

That's a great idea...and I've seen a little water right off the villas, too, for more than classroom training.

Mark 'hoping for calm winds in 10 days'

And here are three classes that can be completed in two full days...or less.

Nitrox....easy peasy
First aid first responder....easy
Rescue Diver....hard, but worth every minute!

Why ask for a refund on the dives if weather turns sour? For a few buck more, enhance your certificates:)

Port closure this afternoon?
Looks likely for Monday & Tuesday!
I saw a dive boat being unloaded at SCC this morning at about 10AM. Was their trip cut short?

Looks like a good day for Rasta's
348s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom