norte coming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Windguru.com has great confidence that Friday afternoon will bring a fairly strong norte that will last through Saturday with the likely closing of the port. Should calm down Sunday. WE will have some space available for east side diving if this occurs as expected.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

ALDORA DIVERS

---------- Post added December 15th, 2015 at 10:21 AM ----------

PS. Just compared to Weather Underground and they show it quite differently. Quien Sabe!

Dave

Looks to be fizzling out

Not only that but it is now showing more of a north easterly component which would prevent eastside diving as well as making the port closure less likely. Belive it or not we don't like having to dive the east side…it is a ton of work for us to do.

Dave

Not to hijack your thread but I know in the past aldora did eagle ray dives. Ive been seeing lots of pics already, including some Christi took when she dove with my friend Julie. Are they getting concentrated anywhere yet is what im trying to say?

Heads up! It's blowing like a banshee from the NW here in Austin at the moment, has been since about 1AM, and forcast to keep it up into tomorrow. I'll wager you guys in Coz will get this one.

Pete, I also like windfinder.com. Slightly different format and info. I use windguru, windfinder, and wunderground when guestimating upcoming conditions.

Off to check out Gordon's heads up. Thanks, @ggunn! Haven't looked at wind forecasts lately.

I've used the NOAA buoy information here in the Keys, but I like the format of what you've shared. Also, the Molasses information has been down since they worked on that buoy last week. Fall backs are good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom