North Central Wisconsin Lake Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you don't mind going a little further than Rhinelander, Lake Metonga over by Crandon is supposed to be pretty nice. Lake Wazee is also a good alternative but it's over by Black River Falls. Have you ever been to Fortune Pond? That's up by Iron River MI. (Crystal Falls to be exact). It's not too far but well worth the drive.

If you don't mind going a little further than Rhinelander, Lake Metonga over by Crandon is supposed to be pretty nice. Lake Wazee is also a good alternative but it's over by Black River Falls. Have you ever been to Fortune Pond? That's up by Iron River MI. (Crystal Falls to be exact). It's not too far but well worth the drive.

What would be the closest place be to Crandon to fill tanks?

Klein Scuba in Wausau or Green Bay are the closest for Crandon, I think. I second the motion on Fortune Pond. It well worth the trip up there. Here's a video I did on it a few years back. Fortune Pond, The Emerald of Upper Michigan on Vimeo Also on my Vimeo site There are other videos involving Fortune pond. Hydroglove was shot there as well as the Vintage get together and Deep Six get together videos which are 2nd through 4th on my site.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom