NorthEast Scuba Supply - No Refunds.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used them also. Their website is so-so, but they are pretty helpful on the phone.

Personally, I don't have the balls to ask for a cash refund on something that is my bad. The sold it, they incurred the expenses in selling it, probably ordered a replacement for inventory. It's screwing with them and their cash flow. A stored credit is a reasonable alternative that allows them to make one sale for the hassle of 2. The alternative, charging a restocking fee is an option but I think most people when they understand the cost of their failed transaction probably don't want to pay the piper his due.

A novel idea, if you don't know that you want and the right size, go seek an LDS. (edit: an I do mean purchase from the LDS)

I tried to buy from them but their website was acting slow and there was a particular page that was not loading. So I emailed them asking for a particular model of something. The reply I got was rather rude (You should check our online stock instead of writing emails to us!!!). I took my business elsewhere and ended up purchasing the same thing much cheaper. Their prices were out-matched, their service was out-matched and though I never made a purchase, my brief dealing with them was not a pleasant experience.

There are far better online retailers out there.

Yes, if you buy from a company, on-line or in store, without knowing the return policy, then get upset when its not a full refund. Obviously it's your fault.

As for offering refunds on unused items, its my experience that's the rule rather than the exception so obviously for many companies, it's a good business decision. I know that I would hesitate to order from an on-line company that does not offer refunds, dive gear or anything else. I have spent thousands of dollars for gear on-line and have only returned a very small fraction of the total. So, at least for me, a no hassle return policy means the company will get my business when the other restrictive return policy company will not. That's a lot of lost sales that I think more then out weigh the small amount of lost revenue from my few returns.

I bought from them over the past three years and all purchases have been great. I returned a few things and bought even more after. If you're diving you KNOW there is always more equipment to buy so store credit is fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom