Northern tech diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Rollie, I actually didn't think that your accusations had any substance as if you had something to say about the poor air quality, you for sure would have let us know.
Right now, I'd consider you a big mouth that has only the ability to babble nonsens and not more.
You already appeared like a low life when you were recently blurting anti-immigrant sloagans in this forum, now we all know what kind of a person you are. :wink: I guess most of the immigrants, you dislike so much, have better English skills than you do too. :D

Hi Rollie,

What prey tell caused the discussion to go from a diver requesting that a fill facility to fill O2 beyond the stamped rating on a tank, and a charter boat operator and volunteer divers replacing an unsafe line on a mooring so that other charter boat operators and private boaters can moor safely to one of slinging around innuendo of not producing good quality air. Perhaps NTD as well has the luxury and perhaps appreciation of their customers to take the time to sit down, chat and provide them with a free bar-be-que occasionally. Sounds like the type of place that I would like to hang around.

The Tick

Rollie:
Cameron

Now your going to see all of Toms and Dans friends come out and flame you. Just let them bark, because every dive shop across Canada have there own devoted customers who need to defend. Not all dive shops are created equal some have been around for years and some have not like NT, which is rather young in business terms. I never bother with them my self, because If I need a part or gas which is rare, I go to Dan Humble at Dive Teck which is a superior facility in every aspect. There's no sitting around the barbecue on Sunday afternoon at Dans pushing out hot dogs, because the line up take most of Mr Humbles day away. As for your air problem, like I said before if they can't produce good quality air why do they think they can mix it.

Rollie

Hi Cameron,

I thought that I would address this directly as I was the whispering instructor. As I recall I did not whisper at all. I out and out instructed my employee not to fill HP O2 past the rated fill pressure of the pressure vessel in question. You may have no concern about the safety of yourself, the people standing around a busy fill station, or my employees, but I do. It is my job. Feel free to frequent any shop that wish that uses unsafe fill practices, you won't find them at my shop. Have you ever been party to an Oxygen fire?

As for your remark about a charter not being DIR (what ever a DIR charter is..I guess that I will have to look that up in my book to see if that was a chapter I overlooked) I would assume that you are an expert in knowing what is and is not DIR in which case I would ask you, if you know the difference, just what was type of rebreather were you getting the O2 bottle in question filled for and is it by any stretch of the imagination a DIR 'breather? hmmmm.....

This was the first time that I can recall you visiting my shop and I do apologize for any misunderstandings that may have occurred and I do hope that I have the opportunity to serve you again sometime and perhaps sit down over a root beer and have a laugh about this whole silly thread. But I am afraid that my respond to a request to blatantly break the rules and endanger lives would be the same.

Safe dives,

Dan MacKay

cameron:
Since I have been reprimanded for talking about OD
I will discuss my experiences with northern tech diver

I think that the charter operation is unsafe. I was at the marsh doing a dive when one of the NTD charters showed up. ALL the divers then proceeded to suit up and get in the water. Yes ALL. There was no one on the boat. It was left there, just flapping in the wind. That is unsafe and certainly not DIR

I asked if I could get a 3000 psi fill of o2.They said yes. When I showed up with a 13ft bottle, I heard a shout from across the parking lot "woooo PONY BOTTLES" Tom had decided to poke fun at a NEW customer because the customer decided to dive something different. A rebreather in this case. As the fill proceeded, the instructor of the shop walked out and wispered in the ear of the kid filling my bottle. The kid then turns to me and says" sorry we can't fill your bottle to 3000, only 2640. Nice. So I was a little pissed when they would not fill my bottle as they said they would, even though they had a 9000psi booster sitting right there.

These are my complaints about the shop. This is the reason why I will not buy, rent, charter or fill at NTD ever.

Sorry just one mans experience not trying to hurt anyones feelings.

Dan,

I agree that safety for all and above all is a concern however this thread will be closed

Owner's note.

It has always been this Board's mission to encourage safety by recommending that divers and LDS'es stay within their limits, whether these are mandated by training, by conditions or stamped on the side of a tank.

Kudos to NTD for holding the line on this fill. They didn't do the expedient thing and simply overfill the tank because "everyone else is doing it". Instead they did what was right and that makes them a "Safe operation" in our book. Do they do EVERYTHING right? I don't know, as I have never been there, but they got this straight.

Since the accusation is patently groundless and the discussion is deteriorating quickly, we have closed this thread. Any further questions or comments should be made via PMs. Either to me, GDI, or any of the other parties involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom