not feeling great....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To answer your question, Jeff, I had a fish taco right before getting in the pool and I think that may have had something to do with it. I don't think I'll eat anything except fruit and bread right before my next dive. Thanks!!

I got sick from swallowing water in the pool too. I got over it and so will you. Good luck and if it is something you really want to do you will do fine. Keep us posted.

Chad

Once you have determined it is not from something in the water that made you sick and maybe is anxiety. Talk to your inst. and see if you can just float on the surface in mask & snorkel while a scuba class is working. Put in some time on the surface to watch and breath on the snorkel, after sometime on the surface you may start to get tried of floating and you will start to relax and loose the anxiety that a defective piece of equipment has caused. We have all got some water at some time in your diving lifes.

You have been told all your live that you will drown, now people are telling you, wellllll not true. That shot of water may have turned your mind back to the old warnings you got all your life. :help: :help: :)

Another thing to think about. During my pool classes, the pool was so warm - about 90+, and outside temps in high 90's low 100's - that I overheated when wearing a wetsuit. Think about it - 7mm suit, hood, boots, and probably gloves, all designed to keep you nice and toasty in 50 degree water!

I had to bail on two different occaisions; and felt as though I was suffering from heat stroke. As soon as I stripped down and cooled off, all was good.

Yes, I was thinking what Rickyd said! How about your hood? It is common for new divers to find the hood constricting on the throat. If this is the problem, I tell students to try the Henderson Hyperstretch hood. It will run ya around $40, & will ease the constriction around your neck. I'm wearing mine now.

Also, I recently observed an OW student salivating uncontrolably due to the mouthpiece feeling foreign in his mouth. Hey, it's kinda like a gag, so maybe you are getting a gag reflex.

I second what everyone says about not worrying about pleasing your husband. I fell into that trap. Everyone can only move at their own pace, & if that means he has one buddy & you have another, at least you are on the same boat sleeping in the same bunk & sharing underwater stories. Be patient with yourself & if you have more questions, just post!

Hi art.chick

Are you really wearing that hood as you sit there typing??:wink:

And Tarantim

You'll get it! Just keep on trying. The fun is waiting after the hurdles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom