Not PSD related but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg D.

Contributor
Reaction score
Not psd related but since there are a few who are from the local area that post here.. Was wondering what the condition at Lake Cour d'Lane are? Water temp an all that. Also if you guy know of any particularly good spots, I remember soemthing about an old saw mill? I think I wanna dive there, if not this weekend then next!
Thanks!

Gregoire:
Not psd related but since there are a few who are from the local area that post here.. Was wondering what the condition at Lake Cour d'Lane are? Water temp an all that. Also if you guy know of any particularly good spots, I remember soemthing about an old saw mill? I think I wanna dive there, if not this weekend then next!
Thanks!
I haven’t been in Coeur d’Alene for a few weeks but it should be in the mid 40’s. Vis will depend on the amount of rain and run off we get but it should be good.

The old mill site is where the Coeur d’Alene Resort golf course is. It’s owned by, who else but, A-hole Hagadone who has closed the area to diving. You can access some of the east end from the trail head by Silver Beach or the west end from Sanders Beach. There are still lots of old mill goodies to find but don’t cross the log booms or he will have his Rent-A-Cops charge you with trespassing. He has even restricted us from any diving there.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=12&Z=11&X=647&Y=6598&W=1

An easy access dive is alongside Tubbs Hill on the Third Street Marina side.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=11&X=2581&Y=26397&W=1

If I'm available we could dive the 11th St Marina. It's the oldest on the lake and still has a lot of cool stuff under and around it.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=11&X=2585&Y=26395&W=1

PM me

Gary D.

I moved your thread here....I think you'll get better response to it

I didnt think you could own the water, just the shoreline. am I mistaken on this? seems to me a little boat action would do the trick :D

Gregoire:
I didnt think you could own the water, just the shoreline. am I mistaken on this? seems to me a little boat action would do the trick :D
They lease the area over the bottom of the lake from the state. The way the courts have defined it as they also have control of the water column in between. That sucks.

Bring your buddy. If I can dive I will but if I can’t I’ll at least take your on a tour of our facility. Or at least, most of it, we’re scattered all over the place and soon to spread out even more.

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom