Not to bring anybody down, but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm just recovering from an auto accident, got hit in the rear 10/25/04. Was just looking over the threads and ran across yours.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Thrilled to see you were wearing a helmet and leather. Hopefully your injuries will heal fast and not have any residual problems.

Take care

Joe

Glad you came out (relatively) OK. I was lucky in that my accident was fairly mild. I only had a really sore hip for about a month, and a dealer estimat of $1000 damage. I spent 2 hours on my own, and $75 at the local Mom and Pop shop to have a perfectly safe if not beautiful bike. (you had to look close to see the bent fenders.)

I hope to get a bike again real soon to ride fairly sedately. Well, as sedately as you can ride while commuting in Atlanta. Yes, commuting in Atlanta. I think I got more looks of dismay for admitting to traveling the Atlanta rush hour interstates than for being a cave diver!

I am looking at the pics again and notice you appear to be twiddling your thumbs. I am so glad my injuries were minor. It's bad enough to be down, but to not be able to move and check out the bike, that must be horrible. I would have been so bored! At least you got all the attention and sympathy though. I was lucky enough to be going with a friend to rent a movie after work, so not only was I able to check my bike right away, I even had a ride waiting right there. As soon as he confirmed that I was OK, I think he busted a gut, and we then checked out the damage to the bike and rented the movie.

Good luck getting better. Hope to meet ya soon while diving!

hey all, again, thanks for the kind words.

i am up without painkillers, things look good. i have a follow up on Tuesday, but it looks
like i'll be back diving sometime after xmass.

a new bike is on the works, and hopefully this time i won't be such an idiot and go
around a turn so fast.

thank you so much for all the kind words, again.

Good to hear you are back on your feet. Now DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!

H2Andy:
i am up without painkillers, things look good. i have a follow up on Tuesday, but it looks
like i'll be back diving sometime after xmass.
Hey, can't ask for a much better Christmas present than that.

Glad to here your recovery is progressing nicely.

Hey there...

This got posted while we were underwater, so just noticed it when it got bumped today. But, very very glad you're ok!! And happy for you that a new bike is forthcoming! :) Be safe!

Hey Andy - I read this and dropped to Fredericks of Hollywood's Dive wear catalogue.. you should be getting yours in the mail soon so you can order a nice new s**** thong for diving when your ready to get in the water again!

BTW, a new bike? No offense bro, but maybe you should consider one of THESE. :)

CBulla:
Hey Andy - I read this and dropped to Fredericks of Hollywood's Dive wear catalogue.. you should be getting yours in the mail soon so you can order a nice new s**** thong for diving when your ready to get in the water again!

BTW, a new bike? No offense bro, but maybe you should consider one of THESE. :)

Ummm, Colin, that looks like three pieces of donut shaped rubber with a V-8 in between. If Andy starts driving around on one of those, I would start to seriously question his sanity and therefore his suitability as a dive buddy.

Andy, 'tis good to hear from you again. Pay no attention to the South Florida freaks/Central Florida wannabes who are conspiring to get you killed. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom