Not underwater...and not fish...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I won't be seeing fish for awhile so I took these this afternoon. As I was watering my citrus tree, I noticed some new inhabitants.

Juv. Preying Mantis almost 1" long

aaa.sized.jpg

Juv. Aphid Grasshopper (I think) about 3/8" long.

aah.sized.jpg

Love the mantis....

Crazy_J
:doctor:

Hi folks!

I usually hang around the Sony Talk Forum on dpreview.com, but have been checking out this message board a little more frequently. :) I figure since you started a 'dry picture' thread, I'd post this great photo a friend took in Bonaire. After all, any picture in Bonaire is more or less diving related. :) Believe it or not, this picture was *not* retouched in PhotoShop (except for the actual scanning step)! Sorry for the watermark, it's the only format I have...

20030512-lighthouse.jpg

I'll give you mantids. Here's the Mike Tyson of the Californika mantids trying to box with me. He tried to bite my ear off!

Dr. Bill

Looks like he was the winner of that fight..... ;-)

Cheers,
Crazy_J, D.O.
:doctor:

I'm using an Olympus C-4040. Both shots were cropped a bit. The Preying Mantis I used the internal flash and did not use it on the grasshopper.

I hope you don't mind...I was peeking at your photo gallery, WOW the pictures are truly amazing!

This is an image taken by my girlfriend at a fundraising event for the Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary. It took place at the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas on January 24, 2003. We were paid to be the event photographers. She used my Nikon CP990, equipped with a Rollbar external flash adapter, and a Promatic (generic but powerful) flash. I shot with my Nikon N8008 film camera and SB-28 flash.

The shot below was taken with the CP990 on automatic, internal flash off, external flash angled up at 45 degrees. I held a piece of white posterboard above the table in order to soften and bounce the flash downward. She held a 4-point star filter over the lens. The original image was taken in fine mode; this version has been downsized and optimized.

2745o.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom