Nova Scotian diver needs colour in his life!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

All I am going to say is - why didn't someone mention scuba to me 10 years ago?!?!?

I started my OW course in March and hit the ocean in April. I still laugh when I recall how it felt like I had been punched in the face when we did our mask removal in 34F at 20 feet.

Since then I have been diving steady (generally a dive a week) and learning the ropes. In July I completed my AOW and even with the worst case of motion sickness I have ever seen (also makes me laugh when I remember how many times I threw up over the side) I managed to dive the Daniel Steinmen (sp?) and was blown away by seeing something that will only ever be seen by those with training (i.e. fellow divers).

My next goal is to get more comfortable with underwater navigation, learn buoyancy all over again with the new dry suit, and night dive all of the shore dives I have done so far.

So how many other bluenosers do we have on this board?

Jack

Hi there,

Welcome to :sblogo:

Welcome to Scuba Board, Jack, and congratulations on your AOW.

I thought the same thing when I discovered scuba...why didn't someone mention scuba earlier? At least you've discovered it, some individuals will never know scuba so we are the fortunate ones.

I'm not a bluenoser but many of my new SB buddies are slowly convincing me to try cold water diving, note the slowly as I'm not totally convinced yet.

I feel extremely lucky to learn it here. It will be hard to go to a colder place and watching the sea come alive as it warms up has just blown me away!

Now if only I could see some colour down here - I'd love to see something yellow other than my fins. :)

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo::colouredsmilies::colouredsmilies:
banana.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom