Closed Now my last Freshly updated and serviced G250

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These G250s by Buddhasummer are great deals. He has the inventory of parts to mix and swap until all parts align and the regs breathe great. He won't offer a reg that is not perfect without saying so. Don't expect the same performance from an old Fleabay deal, for which you buy only one set of new parts and hope the spring matches. These need an inventory of springs to be set up properly in multiple iterations of swapping parts and testing, but when set up right (as Buddhasummer does), G250s are magic.

These G250s by Buddhasummer are great deals. He has the inventory of parts to mix and swap until all parts align and the regs breathe great. He won't offer a reg that is not perfect without saying so. Don't expect the same performance from an old Fleabay deal, for which you buy only one set of new parts and hope the spring matches. These need an inventory of springs to be set up properly, but when set up right (as Buddhasummer does), G250 are magic.
Nailed it.

These are very simple regs but you can have quite a bit of trouble doing conversion, sometimes they go together well using original lever and balance chamber but most often not.

I always replace spring and orifice as par for the course as these most often are the cause of trouble.

Sometimes lever needs to be replaced too which I don't like doing as boy they are spendy. I've noticed here often the lever has been bent and spring stretched, I can only assume someone did this as they were having tuning issues.

You certainly need a bunch of new springs as even new they are not created equal. It's handy to have some stiffer .218 springs on hand too.

Balance chamber often has sand in it and is scored.

The take away, yes, if you're gonna play with G250s and update them you better have a bunch of spares on hand.

But...

Once you've updated and all parts playing nicely together you now have a very reliable, high performing reg.

I love them.

End of spiel.

Simon,
good luck in your future endeavors! Can not wait to hear what your future adventures will bring you. I hope you will continue to stay active on the board!

I'll be back after a wee haiatus.
You're not going to wee for a while? Is that in general or just not in wetsuits?

OMMOHY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom