Closed Updated G250 "wolf"

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you look at the old style poppet, it was just a straight piece with a "+" shaped cross section for the air to travel in the notches. The s-wing has quite a different shape to enhance the flow of gasses.

This is a great resource to your question.
Wow, the picture with the s-wing in the barrel really let novices like me understand it. I'm still going to let my shop do the rebuilds, but now I'm smarter when discussing "Why" my reg is not working/tuned the way I want it be. Thank you to both!!

DM me your email address and I'll send literature that will help you. Servicing G250s is very easy, getting all the parts to play nicely can be a bit hit and miss on occasion but still not difficult.

I've actually got a pretty beat up one, and I do mean beat up like 2/10 cosmetically, happy to send for cost of shipping for you to practice on/play with. You'd need to get an S-wing poppet for it and a service kit, both of which I can sell you. I'd send a couple of used springs, balance chambers, levers and orifices so you can experiment. If nothing else you'll learn something.

Anyway, offers there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom