Nudibranchs on the Onondaga (4-1-07)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIOceanographer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A horde of seven of us in two boats did the wreck of the Onondaga off of Watch Hill today. Great conditions, dead calm, good vis with water temps of about 39 degrees F. There were a lot of nudibranchs on the wreck today. I am sure Ed will post his usual photo report from the dive, but here is a close up shot of one that I took with my much less impressive cheapo camera :D:

nudi.jpg

Really nice. How was the vis and water temps. I may be attempting a dive next weekend. One of my favorite wreck dives. Rumor has it 25 yards off the bow there is an area were silk and gold can be mined.

Love the pic, thanks for sharing.

ScubaSarus:
Rumor has it 25 yards off the bow there is an area were silk and gold can be mined.

I heard it was gold, frankensence and mirh. (BTW, WTH is mirh?)
P

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
Water warming up yet?:rofl3:

Yep! 2 whole degrees since last weekend! :D

Anyway... you are really missing out since you went to Hawaii! The water is so clear that I was able to shoot this picture of a blimp flying over the site from the bottom 50 ft down (I swear.. no photoshop effects were used!) :D

blimp.jpg

ScubaSarus:
Rumor has it 25 yards off the bow there is an area were silk and gold can be mined.

Hmmmm.... silk from a 100+ year old wreck, I wonder what that would fetch? :D

Nice shots guys. Who did you go with? I wish I had known you were going, I might have been able to make it out today...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom