Nuffa That.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Today's dive(s)….Surge, seaweedy boulders near shore. Basketball size rocks to climb down (and up), at times on all fours. Throwing fins ahead of you exiting so you have 2 hands free. Doffing the unit because you just can't make it back up the rocks, and going back to retrieve it piece by piece. I'm 65 now. Time to forget those types of sites and stick to the easy stuff. 2-3 year ago not so much.
Who else has recently hit that wall?

Yeah, we have a few sites like that here. Generally it’s the goat trails and the 45 degree angle shelf rock that we have to scale down at the cliff that are the ass kickers.
THEN we get to deal with slimy boulders.
But since abalone diving shut down there’s been a lot less of that.

As the expression goes, Same place different location.

Need a good name or phrase for the opposite of expanding ones limits. You know, for when one has the knowledge and technique, but age is stealing the ability, and one has the insight to avoid a repeat performance.

Downsizing is a good example, defined as using a smaller tank so one dosen't have to hump the 120 any more.

Bob

Merry is eleven years my senior. I could see that the waves on the rocky shore of Marineland were getting to her, not to mention the 1/4 mile surface swim. I knew it was time to start looking at a boat again. We're still happily together after 13 years and still diving together.

Yeah, we have a few sites like that here. Generally it’s the goat trails and the 45 degree angle shelf rock that we have to scale down at the cliff that are the ass kickers.
THEN we get to deal with slimy boulders.
But since abalone diving shut down there’s been a lot less of that.
Yeah. I do guess if I knew for sure there were some good shells down there I'd reconsider such sites.

Kinda why I have a boat. Shore diving sucks.

I do two shore dives a year hear, both in winter when the ice is breaking up. It's especially fun (a) when you're an old bass-turd like me, (b) when you're wearing double lumps on your back 'cuz it's ice and 'cuz your alone and (c) beacuse it's not a boat.

The proper name for 'shore diving' should be 'stupid diving'.

More power to you folks that go on a rock scramble just to go diving. You amaze me.

Merry is eleven years my senior. I could see that the waves on the rocky shore of Marineland were getting to her, not to mention the 1/4 mile surface swim. I knew it was time to start looking at a boat again. We're still happily together after 13 years and still diving together.

That doesn't look the least bit enjoyable.

I have over 350 dives there. It can be a great dive, but there have also been many broken bones and four deaths there.

I have over 350 dives there. It can be a great dive, but there have also been many broken bones and four deaths there.

I figured as much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom