o-ring size for din to yoke converter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sportdiver24

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can anyone tell me the o-ring size that goes in the tank valve when using one of those threaded converters that screws into a din tank valve to accept a yoke style regulator? I know it is a thicker o-ring than a regular 014 and that it should be 90 duro but I am unsure of the size and exact thickness. After reading 100 more posts I've seen it called a pro valve or convertible vlave.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me the o-ring size that goes in the tank valve when using one of those threaded converters that screws into a din tank valve to accept a yoke style regulator? I know it is a thicker o-ring than a regular 014 and that it should be 90 duro but I am unsure of the size and exact thickness. After reading 100 more posts I've seen it called a pro valve or convertible vlave.

I have two. One (I believe it is the Thermo Valve) insert uses 112s. I believe the other is Scubapro and it uses 111 or something so close that the 111s work OK

Hi
The insert has two o' rings. The one going into the tank neck is a 213 the other that goes onto the Yoke can be a 111 or 112 depending on the maker of the insert

Hi
The insert has two o' rings. The one going into the tank neck is a 213 the other that goes onto the Yoke can be a 111 or 112 depending on the maker of the insert

By "tank neck" Interceptor is saying the 213 goes between the tank and the valve. He is correct but I don't think that is what you mare talking about. I believe you are talking about the small cylindrical insert that screws into a 200 bar din valve to allow it to take a yoke regulator. That insert has 2 o-rings. One seals the insert to the tank valve and the other make the seal to the regulator. BTW, you do want to remove that valve occasionally even if you only use a yoke regulator to keep the threads relatively clean of deposits.

I am talking about this
We use those on DIN tanks to make them YOKE compatible.
It has two o rings one on each side. A 213 seals the back of the insert with the tank a 111 or 112 seals the insert onto the Yoke. Different manufacturers use different thread size and o rings hence you have two possibilities
Those can give problems on some regulators brands which tend to leak no matter what, I had this happening to my MK25 in Egypt until I change the reg to DIN. My Mares MR12 never leaked with the same tanks!

Thanks guys, I'm going down to a dive resort on a remote island that uses them and I'm bringing some down with me for spares. I'll just bring 111 and 112 in 90 duro and it should work out just fine.

111 and 112 should be right. I have heard of that piece called a "donut"

"Donut" is the term we use around here, too. The inside o-ring is supposed to be a DIN o-ring.

My experience re: size 111 or 112 is that it depends on the manufacturer, as Imperial manufacturing doesn't seem to interpret the DIN size the same for some unknown reason.

At 17 cents each it's cheap enough to have both 111 and 112 o-rings around, and if one doesn't fit, then the other one will.

I will admit that this is a PITA sometimes, though, so I just pony up the 58 cents per o-ring and get real, as spec DIN o-rings from McMaster. These have fit in every DIN groove that I've found.

All the best, James

I will admit that this is a PITA sometimes, though, so I just pony up the 58 cents per o-ring and get real, as spec DIN o-rings from McMaster. These have fit in every DIN groove that I've found.

All the best, James

I've bought a lot of o-rings over the years and that's the first time I've heard of a DIN o-ring. Thank you thank you thank you.

The regulators usually have two 115 when they have a DIN insert, that is the "DIN" o ring
You can put it on the insert as well it is thicker than 111 or 112 with an inner diameter of 11/16 versus 1/2 of 112 and 7/16 of 111
However the 115 needs a bigger grove to those found on the typical inserts
My personal experience is that 112 are the best for those inserts and the 111 may leak
that seems an in - between the 111 and 112 never tried one myself as 112 do the job ok

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom