o-ring size for din to yoke converter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am talking about this
We use those on DIN tanks to make them YOKE compatible.
It has two o rings one on each side. A 213 seals the back of the insert with the tank a 111 or 112 seals the insert onto the Yoke. Different manufacturers use different thread size and o rings hence you have two possibilities
Those can give problems on some regulators brands which tend to leak no matter what, I had this happening to my MK25 in Egypt until I change the reg to DIN. My Mares MR12 never leaked with the same tanks!

A din insert has an outer diameter of about 7/8th inch. A 213 o-ring has an ID of 15/16th inch and an OD of 1 3/16th inch and 1/8th inch thick. I believe it is used on some older steel HP tanks.

I think you are right now that I measure it. The two orings are different on the two sides. Thinking about it one could be a 111 (the one on the tank valve) and the other a 112 (on the regulator)
In fact if you put a 111 on both sides sooner or later it starts cracking and leaking

Back
Top Bottom