Ocean City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Surelyshirly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Will be in area for afew days and was wondering if there were any beach dives nearby...I contacted a local dive shop and they happily answered me with their boat schedule....just not what I asked for

Are there any beach dives in area?

Which shop did you contact? I have never tried beach diving here but will see what I can find out.

The pirate one right in ocean city......was looking tosee if there was a dive we could do early evening or at night if we wanted....

have a private boat trip lined up...but figured...while we are there might as well see the sights

I haven't heard of any shore dives near OC, but I haven't thought to ask either. Hopefully you find some. If you do please post a report.

So who are you going out with and what wreck are you hitting. The Pirate Scuba lists three dive boats. I've only been out with OC Diver, but really like it and am hoping the weather cooperates for my next trip on Oct 1. Have a great time.

Weekend of 10/5,6,7 ........actually diving 2 days off of a charter from Cape May NJ, the Pirate King...staying in Ocean City and the Pirate King is docking there.

Hopefully hitting the blenny and probably the Saetia, the Washingtonian, Manhattan and maybe something along the lines of the H Buoy and Pattys Pitcher....guess conditions will tell

. . . . .
Hopefully hitting the blenny and probably the Saetia, the Washingtonian, Manhattan . . . . . .
I was down there and dove the Washingtonian and the Manhattan. Both nice wrecks to be on and I actually think that the viz is better than it is in our north jersey area. As for beach diving . . . I don't know any in O.C. per se, but you could drive up to Indian River Inlet and dive there. Have fun!

I haven't hit the Wash or the Manhattan this year, but both are fun wrecks. From what I remember, the Wash has more structure left although both are torn up and (to me at least) neither looks like a ship anymore. There was only 5 feet of vis on the blenny when I dove it last May which didn't make for a great dive. The Saetia is also a lot of fun, but there are so many wrecks out there that I haven't gotten back this year. If you can make it and you want to go a little deeper, I'd recommend the stern section of the Marine Electric. It is about 130 feet to the sand (though you could probably find some deeper spots) and is resting on its side. It is very impressive even though the prop has been removed. Just a suggestion.

I will also be down that weekend diving something less than 110 feet on Saturday and the San Gil (for the 1st time) on Sunday. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Have fun.

I was wondering which OC, NJ or Maryland?

I think this guy is talking NJ not MD judging by the descriptions he is giving

my apologies for the confusion....I forgot there is an Ocean City NJ .....I am staying in Ocean City Maryland.....and the boat we are diving off of will be docked at a marina there while we are there....OC Maryland is where I am looking for a shore dive...will check the Indian River and look at a south Jersey shore dive for the ride home...we are taking car down instead of going on boat

thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom