Ocean City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oyster Diver....sorry didnt call you but we didnt get in to marina until 7:30 on Sat night from dives...few little issues out there

If you were on OC Diver I heard you had your excitement on Sunday...hope everything turned out all right....

Anybody do trip reports? I am looking to head up that way soon & would like to know a little about the sites to make my decision a little easier.

We had some engine issues and ended up doing the Saetia (viz was horrendous but looked to be nice dive if you could get some), the Arthur T Hall (artificial reef...upright coast guard buoy tender with penetration opportunities in about 120fsw much better viz, 64 F water)
didnt get our 3rd dive in...did 2 on Washingtonian next day...cooler water temps...3 thermoclines...bottom one at about 59F....tied in to boilers...lot to see but bottom still low viz....sharks on this one, sea bass and tog and schools of spadefish...lots of flounder in the sand. Had a whale and huge sea turtle during SI at the Saetia.....lots of fog in mornings.... cant tell you much else... we will try again....sights seemed intriguing

A great time was had by all. Esecially the Sand Tiger Shark. Shame my camera batterys died.

Surelyshirley, I'm sorry I didn't call too. By the time we got in I was exhausted and not much good for anything. We did 2 dives on the Washingtonian on Saturday. The first dive was like a Carolina dive, lots of vis , warm temps (67-69 degrees on the bottom) and big sand tigers. The second dive wasn't as good, the bottom temps had dropped a few degrees and the vis was cut in half on the bottom. Still a good dive, but couldn't match the first. The sharks were unusual and I was hoping they would hang around when I heard you were headed to the Wash for Sundays dives.

Sunday we did 2 dives on the San Gil. The San Gil is a freighter in 130 feet of water. I was doing some training dives and didn't see much of the wreck. I definitly want to go back and explore more. The last I heard, the excitement we had will work out ok.

Who do you dive with in Jersey? I would like to come up there next summer, if I'm allowed. Any wrecks you would recommend?

Sandtigers where? Man they are to the north & south of me, they need to come and visit the Mid -Atlantic, they would be very welcome. We have lots for them to eat.
Those dives sound very interesting & conditions are very much as we have here, with some shorter boat rides.

I have dived in OC but dont dive there go to chicoteuge and dive the rangers think its cool and no one is there so you can enter the water any where and its the same body of water

Thanks....will probably be hitting there again in august.....will keep it in mind

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom