Ocean Diver looking for Xmas gift recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Plumridge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I’m looking for recommendations for Christmas presents (small scale - as I’ve just been brought a dry suit). I don’t have anything that I necessarily *need*, but can’t think of any cool gadgets / scuba related gifts to ask for.

TIA,

James

Not necessarily small-scale but full face mask?

1. Maybe a Spare Air if you don't have one
2, New (or new-to-you) tank
3. New dive/video light.
4. Dive knife
5. More training - Rescue course, First Aid/CPR/O2 Provider, EAN Course, Specialty course
6. MiFlex hoses
7. New fins

Hopefully one or two of these pique your interest.

Don't get a spare air, if you want redundancy, look at a pony as a minimum.

You should have.
Regulators,
BCD/Wing
Mask
Fins
Drysuit
Gloves/Hood
Dive computer
compass
Cutting device
Red DSMB with reel/spool.

Then look at your clothing, Forth Element, Weezle, Base Layers.

Then out of water clothing, wind proof, woolly hat, gloves. Thermos.

Are you interested in fish ID, several good books.
Like to read. I have gotten and read the manuals for several courses I had no intention of actually taking.

Only put full face mask on the list if you really want one. Friend of mine wrote a FFM course and I took it to beta test it. Did two dives with two different masks. I can see how they do some nice things but I did not like the weight on my face/head. If I had to I could dive with them and enjoy it but had zero desire to dive one if there was a choice.

How about a good dive flag/float? Some good ones out there.

Are you interested in fish ID, several good books.
Like to read. I have gotten and read the manuals for several courses I had no intention of actually taking.

Only put full face mask on the list if you really want one. Friend of mine wrote a FFM course and I took it to beta test it. Did two dives with two different masks. I can see how they do some nice things but I did not like the weight on my face/head. If I had to I could dive with them and enjoy it but had zero desire to dive one if there was a choice.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom