Ocean Signal RescueME PLB1 CHEAP...!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used that length of string to connect my plb to the float, just in case
Me too! I didn't test the float though since I didn't want to get it wet.

This is how mine is set up. I put the camera case in my BCD pocket & the camera case is bungeed into the BCD pocket zipper handle.

IMG_4376.JPG

IMG_4379.JPG

IMG_4382.JPG

That works!! It looks good.

I'd wait until after DEMA, just in case someone offers a new product in this space for divers. Otherwise I'd go with the ResQLink Plus. It really is built very well and the unit is buoyant, has a strobe and is only several dollars more after the rebate.
That's the ACR 2881 I currently carry.
I've read that the ACR 2881 will not fit in that one without shaving some of the antenna off, but that worked ok?

Will they ship to the US? How much. When I try an order to see, the price drops from £78 to £65 but it looks like you have to buy it, then their rep will contact you about shipping.

Don't use the soft case (Kona). When I took it to >100' deep, the bag did not leak, but the pressure pressed the red emergency button to on. See the red light turned on in the picture, below. The light turned off by itself when I ascent to 80' deep. So, I went back to the Sony camera case that is good down to 130' (40m).

M0033731.JPG

When I took it to >100' deep, the bag did not leak, but the pressure pressed the red emergency button to on. See the red light turned on in the picture, below. The light turned off by itself when I ascent to 80' deep.
I wonder why the light went off on its on? Hope your battery tests ok.

Not sure why it turned off on its own, once I ascent to from 100 to 80' deep. It was turned on for only a quick dip into 104' depth for less than 5 minutes.

The emergency button got turned on because of the protective yellow flap plate flexed under pressure. Apparently Ocean Signal did not leave enough clearance or consider for the plate to flex under such pressure. They only rate it up to 49' (15m). So it was ridgid enough down to 80' (25m).

I'll do the battery test as suggested by OEM when I'm back home in a couple of days.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom