oceanic datamax sport battery change with video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent video. I have a question: Why do you put a 3V power supply in parallel with the 3,6V battery terminals during the operation? What would happen if you just don´t do that? The only computers I know you want to do that are the aladins, to avoid the cumbersome resetting procedure.

thanks. from what i have read on the internet if you leave the unit with no power it will turn off after the count down and not go into surface mode. i dont know if its true but i didnt want to take the chance.

I understand your concern about not leaving the computer without power at any time. However, does that mean that a computer in which the battery has drained completely (I´ve come across several from other brands in such condition) would never go back into surface mode?. If that´s the case, there must exist a resetting procedure which I hope somebody could describe for us.

there is a good chance that if the battery is completely dead the unit will never work right again. im sure the manufacture had/has a way to load the program on to the unit but oceanic doesnt work on older stuff. what happen with mine is i got it and when you pushed the button it would start up then shut off after 1 sec. i got a new battery for it and did as you see in the video. then i thought man i should video this so other can know what to do. after i replaced that battery it started up and went into surface mode.

Please advise battery number and location to purchase, Thanks

Paul

Back
Top Bottom