Oceanic Dataplus computer - software available?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bsumner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently acquired an older set of gauges, which includes an Oceanic Dataplus computer. I tried to get the software from the manufacturer, but they no longer offer it for download by customers, which I can't really understand, since it didn't cost them anything to make available.

Anyway, if someone has the software available, I would love to acquire a copy somehow. If you can help, please contact me through the forum or offline.

Thanks either way.

Regards,
Brian

The Dataplus software only worked for I believe Windows 98 or before, after 2000 and XP the software didn't work anymore. I was told this is why they took it off the website, and they don't have "a copy of it left anywhere". The file was a very small one, so maybe it would be up on google somewhere.

Good Luck

My son has one of these computers and I remember digging the S/W out of the garbage. I plan on resurecting an old computer with Win 95, which is the last SW this would work with. Send me an email if you haven't found the S/W.
Jim

Jim,

Thanks!! I have searched high and low and really appreciate your offer for help.

If you can e-mail it, that's fine. If you can't, I am happy to defray any postage costs.

My e-mail is seolta@gmail.com.

Regards,
Brian

My son has one of these computers and I remember digging the S/W out of the garbage. I plan on resurecting an old computer with Win 95, which is the last SW this would work with. Send me an email if you haven't found the S/W.
Jim

Jim,

Thanks!! I have searched high and low and really appreciate your offer for help.

If you can e-mail it, that's fine. If you can't, I am happy to defray any postage costs.

Regards,
Brian
Well, dug the box out of the closet, opened the CD case and inside was a music CD !!
I have looked high and low and even called him at school...can not find the S/W. If it turns up, will call you. Perhaps you can find someone who downloaeded it from Oceanic before they shut if off last month.
Sorry,
JC

Jim,

Regards,
Brian
I just got off the phone with Oceanic....they found a copy of the DataPlus SW and will get it posted to their site in the next couple days. He told me it will appear as a link at the bottom of this page !!!
Oceanic Worldwide - Owner Services - Software

Also, for those of you that have Parallel cable models and XP, he says that the ver 1.03 of the S/W SHOULD work if a patch is done to the Parallel ports on XP. I have not tried this yet, but here is the link in case you want to drop $20 and try it (if you do, let us know).
Zeecube Software ParPort2004 Direct I/O Parallel Port Access

A company that responds !!!!!!
Jim C

Back
Top Bottom