Oceanic Excursion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutch552

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I tried on the Excusion by Oceanic tonight in a LDS that I frequent and found the fit to be much better than either the Seaquest Balance or the Scubapro Knighthawk. I like the features and love the fit. I dive both tropical locations and cold freshwater lakes so it seems to be a good comprimise. I know it hasn't been on the market long and the LDS guy said that he'd never been in one before so I came to ask some opinions from you more enlightened divers who may own one. Am I buying a capable quality BC?

From the start I’d like point out that I don’t dive the Exursion but have tried it in the pool so I did its predecessor the Chute 3. I dive Riptide Zone II.

Hopefully I don’t start one of those “My Kungfu is much better than your Kungfu” type of deals here with my reply but… apparently judging by what I hear from guys who dive it or have been diving its predecessor (Oceanic Chute 3) its the same or better than some of those huge names like Scubapro or Sequest. It is capable of diving with doubles, and I know a guy who dives it regularly with doubles and in caves. The best thing about it given all fit and performance characteristics, this BC its about 25% or so cheaper than other legacy names and its warranty and service is also is the same or better.
Cheers

Excursion got the scubalab award so it looks like a good BC plus Oceanic has some good equipment so I would say go for it :).

I dive the Excursion and couldn't be happier with it. I'm not too much into pockets on BCD's and it does not have any other than a fold-up that zippers up when not in use. Some people may have an issue with it not having pockets, but I prefer not having them (less bulk). It trims out nicely with my steel 130. The QLR weight system is well-engineered and easy to don and remove. The only negative, if you can call it that, is that the inflater hose head took a little getting used to because it's pretty streamlined, unlike my old ScubaPro unit. I've totally adapted to the design and couldn't be happier. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I dive the Chute 3 which is its predecessor. A very capable and comfortable BCD. You will not be disappointed with Oceanic. I agree with previous posts. Equal or better quality than the other guys at a lower cost. I'm going to upgrade to the Excursion as soon as I get the $$.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom