Oceanic releasing Geo 4.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Read more - still need cable to do more with computer. Bluetooth only for dive log download.

I just saw this too. It seems to be two enhancements, new display and Bluetooth. My main disappointment is that the log is still only 24, which isn't enough for liveaboards and then downloading later.

I just saw this too. It seems to be two enhancements, new display and Bluetooth. My main disappointment is that the log is still only 24, which isn't enough for liveaboards and then downloading later.

But you can download logs via Bluetooth to your phone now. That’s a huge improvement.

But you can download logs via Bluetooth to your phone now. That’s a huge improvement.

Who wants to have their phone on when on a liveaboard??

:)

I do Shearwater now. I’m sure the new Geo has the same sucky user interface as the 2.0 I have.

True, with Subsurface support, it would be an improvement, as cable-based downloads via mobile devices have been hit/miss with the equipment I have, Cressi Giotto (recently supported, only with one Android device of two I have) and Sherwood Vision (only with one device).

The Cressi Giotto has been good, with 75 dives or 60 hours worth. The Vision is 24, like the Geo, and I was hoping to switch to a Geo to match up to the Vision's algorithms, but the 24 limit and non-mobile download capability, has made it undesirable.

I do Shearwater now. I’m sure the new Geo has the same sucky user interface as the 2.0 I have.

Is the interface that bad? The only non-intuitive thing I read in the manual was Advance and Mode don't necessarily do what you would expect, like they're reversed. The Sherwood version of the Geo, the Amphos, does weird long presses, which would seem to make it even more non-intuitive. Between the Geo 2.0 and the Amphos, the Geo 2.0 seems to be the better one for interface.

Back
Top Bottom