Oceanic Veo vs. Veo 100 vs. Veo 180

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n733lk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
OK, now I'm thoroughly confused!

The Veo 180 appears to have more functions than the Veo 100, including downloadability, but tends to retail for less money????

I'm not really sure where the Veo fits in????

How do these compare? Which is the best value for the money?

Thanks.

180 is/has been(for a while) DC'ed...& it is a better one than the 100....

I have used the 180 for almost 4 years now---& it works, lol....

The VEO 180 is discontinued, has been for well over a year. While it is a nice computer (I have 2), it should be sold at a discount. I still consider it a good computer for the money.

The download capability though is poor (expensive cable and not as detailed info as other computers on the market). This is probably the most significant weakness of the product.

That depends on what you want in a dive computer. The 180 does give you more functionality albeit in an older package (which there's nothing wrong with) For example if you want the ability to download, clearly the 1.0 won't work.

I believe the 1.0 allows you to choose DSAT or Buhlman if you want options.

The 180 does not, but the graph is color coded to green / yellow / red if that helps you.

I have the 1.0 and it's a nice basic computer. It does nitrox and I don't see the need to upgrade (for me).

Skarn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom