Octo Holder recomendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This one is similar to the ball but a little more user friendly. We have found that it works well.

Ber Rabbit:
BTW, I see you're from Michigan, have you checked out the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew section of the board? There will be a meet-n-greet at Gilboa April 27-29, you're more than welcome to join us!
Ber :lilbunny:
Yes, I have checked out that section on the board. It's been a little quiet there for a while.
I'm not sure what my schedule will be like, but I am interested. Can you PM me with the details?....Dave

kazinvan:
I use one of the ones shown here: http://www.cb-molding.com/pics/ScubaMate.jpg
Cheap, easy to use, Octo never falls out. Octo is released easily when needed, and will even rip if OOA buddy just yanks it.

Found this one too while browsing, seems like a strange design that might be useful.
http://www.divebooty.co.uk/equipment_details.asp?pid=470

I have only ever heard complaints about the second one you have quoted here. My Dad tossed his one. Personally, I use a snorkel keeper looped through itself. Maybe one day I will have the bungee necklace...

Cheers,

Andrew

H20Bubbles:
This one is similar to the ball but a little more user friendly. We have found that it works well.
I consider those in the same category as the balls, unfortuntely for me they worked worse than the actual ball shaped ones. Some of this may depend on your mouthpiece.

Ber Rabbit:
Tried 'em all, prefer to have my octo on a necklace under my chin.
Ber :lilbunny:
Best one ive tried so far too.

Marek K:
I happen to use this kind. The bungee holds the mouthpiece very securely, but a good tug will deploy it. A bit tricky to put all back together after a drill, though; but that's a trade-off.
The inner bungee on my DR Octopus Holder started to separate at the strap on one side after about a dozen dives. I'll try to post pics.

Since then I've gone to the bungeed backup, and I'm a convert.

I don't have the clip, I just run it through a d-ring in a larkshead knot.

Works fine for me... way better than Scum Balls, that other varient that is more shaped like a mouthpiece, and that Scubapro Nasa Engineered dingilydoo.

Don't want to spend $5 on an octo keeper? Use a rubber band. Experiment with the right size, and tie it off to your d-ring. Works exactly the same, and costs the better part of 2 cents.

-Brandon.

I keep mine on a necklace, but I used to use the snork keeper, and it was fine if you aren't into the long hose style.

fairbanksdiver:
Don't want to spend $5 on an octo keeper? Use a rubber band. Experiment with the right size, and tie it off to your d-ring.

-Brandon.

I think we have a winner. And spares aren't going to take up too much space either.:wink:

Thanks,
Alex

Back
Top Bottom