Octo Necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingCRNA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I made up a great BP/W and started using a necklace for my octo. It worked great in the pool. I took it out to the lake yesterday and the damn thing came untied.

I used black bungie and followed hte directions from a forum members website. How do I get it to not untie?

I still have the bungie I used. I noticed when it came untied.

Should I use surgical tubing instead?

Thanks,

Don

The material of the necklace will not make a diff if the knot is tied properly. You can use a fisherman's knot and if done properly it will hold. Mine has for the last 2 years.

Once tied, just slip the mouthpiece in between the two knots and pull tight.

I use surgical tubing and a light wt. zip tie.....works SUPER!!

Surgical tubing and a zip tie. I use it for a holder on my bc, but you could easily change it to a necklace.

dont use surgical tube. they will rott in a couple of months becasue the water trapped inside will make the plastic rott. happened to me couple of times. i use bungie tied in place by tie wraps

I quess I have been luck in not getting water in the surg. tube and it rotting....surg. tube is a bit more forgiving and inexp. to purchase. Both the bungy cord and surg. tubing will work fine.

texdiveguy:
I quess I have been luck in not getting water in the surg. tube and it rotting....surg. tube is a bit more forgiving and inexp. to purchase. Both the bungy cord and surg. tubing will work fine.

surg tube is fine if you can keep the water out. i have ahd no luck whatsoever...

I use old speargun rubbers, between the time they show some cracking and the time they're no longer useful - that's usually about 3 years...
247818.vmg

They are strong and ziptied to the reg in such a way that they won't come lose with normal use but can be detached with a firm yank, which will pull the rubber from under the ziptie.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
I use old speargun rubbers, between the time they show some cracking and the time they're no longer useful - that's usually about 3 years...
247818.vmg

They are strong and ziptied to the reg in such a way that they won't come lose with normal use but can be detached with a firm yank, which will pull the rubber from under the ziptie.
Rick

now that looks heavy duty!

I've recently seen two DIY setups where the reg was not designed to come free from the bungie. If you make one if these, make sure your second stage will come free of the bungie with you tug on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom