Off topic posts from Cozumel Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mossman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It seems a little weird at the moment. Yesterday at Palancar the vis was terrible, and there were vertical thermoclines. Obviously colder water had been brought up from deep (maybe due to the wind?) and we passed through several cold patches. Today at Palancar Gardens the vis was excellent again, but it was definitely a little chilly at around 60 ft. Noticed it get warmer as we passed up through 40 ft. Also, remember that I am a bit of a weenie when it comes to the cold. But normally I don't feel any difference from top to bottom.
So I'm thinking, if Dave and Christi also posted here daily, would that make your posts seem anything less than sheer advertising? Naw, I don't think so.

---------- Post added May 6th, 2013 at 03:34 PM ----------

So that means, to be fair, Dave and Christi should also be able to post their daily reports. And the other hundred or two hundred dive ops in Cozumel should be able to post theirs too. Gawd!

NetDoc Edit: These posts were moved from http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/452305-day-office-2.html Site support is the proper area to discuss how appropriate a thread is or isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm thinking, if Dave and Christi also posted here daily, would that make your posts seem anything less than sheer advertising? Naw, I don't think so.

---------- Post added May 6th, 2013 at 03:34 PM ----------

So that means, to be fair, Dave and Christi should also be able to post their daily reports. And the other hundred or two hundred dive ops in Cozumel should be able to post theirs too. Gawd!

I welcome everything that Christie and Dave post. They are a wealth of local knowledge, both far more so than I am. I think that the more local shops and dive professionals that become involved here the better the forum and the island would be.

I welcome everything that Christie and Dave post. They are a wealth of local knowledge, both far more so than I am. I think that the more local shops and dive professionals that become involved here the better the forum and the island would be.
And here I'm thinking that if all the dive pros involved in Scubaboard posted their ads every day, it would be frickin' miserable and no one else would want to participate. Hey, I can totally understand your desire to develop your customer base, but this really isn't the appropriate forum for that. Here's a clue: advertising costs money. If you're getting something for free that you'd otherwise have to pay for, clearly something is wrong.

Well, I for one enjoy these pro "blogs", like this one, or Crowley's, or Kevin's in Florida. I get to read about what it's like to be a dive pro in the tropics, and get to see pictures from dives I don't get to do on a regular basis.

If the thread annoys you, don't read it.

Well, I for one enjoy these pro "blogs", like this one, or Crowley's, or Kevin's in Florida. I get to read about what it's like to be a dive pro in the tropics, and get to see pictures from dives I don't get to do on a regular basis.

That's all fine and dandy, except for the fact that ScubaBoard has certain terms that regulate postings. I figured you'd know something about that being a moderator, but apparently you don't. "Spamming or attempting to recruit our membership (by PM, Visitor Message or otherwise) other than through authorized use of our commercial (market place) forums is expressly forbidden.The creation of multiple accounts ("sock puppets") for one person is prohibited and grounds for suspension."

Repeated posting of daily "reports" by a commercial provide is the most blatant exhibition of spamming possible. Are you serious in that you can't recognize spam, yet you hold yourself out to be a moderater? Talk about malpractice.

Ohana may be Hawaiian but Mateo does make an excellent deep dish pizza, and peanut butter tequila liqueur, in addition to being a great dive instructor.

Sorry Moss, but kind of hilarious that you get Modded for your clearly inappropriate post on one thread while trying to play board police on another :wink:
I don't see much where MJ pushes his own business, just what the day on the job is like. No offense taken here.

Sorry Moss, but kind of hilarious that you get Modded for your clearly inappropriate post on one thread while trying to play board police on another :wink:
I don't see much where MJ pushes his own business, just what the day on the job is like. No offense taken here.
If there were anything such as clearly inappropriate being defined here, obviously the post that I referred to would have been cited.

Spam is spam. I'm surpised that the other spammers here don't complain more.

Actually, there is plenty of precedent for these kinds of posts in various forums on the board. On the Mexico forum there is some dive op that posts a running commentary of dive temps, conditions, unusual sights etc. Spam would be him saying "we are offering a special price this week if you come dive with us" every other post. I think of it as a way to get to know Matt a bit better...from a distance. I enjoy reading them and don't feel the least bit compelled to go dive with his operation.

That's the funniest thing I've read here for awhile! Just don't read it?! Are you kidding me?! When one can flame on and on and on about it?! TSandM you're one crazy girl! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom