Official Ginnie Springs Megadive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let me have a look....

What do I see on my balcony?

Da Beano chair????
Nope, it can't be - it travelled with me over to Poland????

:D :D :D

Mania

Drink a few shots of your famous Polish vodka and I'll bet you that you took TWO of da Beano's chairs back with you! :wink:

Let me have a look....

What do I see on my balcony?

Da Beano chair????
Nope, it can't be - it travelled with me over to Poland????

:D :D :D

Mania

OOoooooo...It better not have :rofl3:
Oh , I saw Mr. GDI today at Ginnie ...
He's as sly as ever. :D
Hasn't changed a bit.

Update on Devils:
The Ear is now almost completely clear of Tanic (had no viz problems going into the Ear this morning). The River tanic is about the same. I will check the temp later this week.
Place was a kickin with Tubers after about 11 AM.
And it looks like just about every camp-site between Ginnie and Devils was filled up.

Welcome to Spring in NC Florida :rofl3:

It should be a FUN WEEKEND next weekend. Can't wait.
Well , er , I can but ... :D

SEE YA ALL NEXT WEEKEND !!!

Da Beano Baggins
Sans Chair :rofl3:

Looks like I can make my first Mega-dive Saturday during the day, but not camping overnight. Is there a list of what food related items may be needed for Saturday lunch/dinner somewhere ?

ScubaFool usually brings the firewood. Yes, we can have a campfire/bonfire! Bring a grass skirt!

ScubaFool usually brings the firewood. Yes, we can have a campfire/bonfire! Bring a grass skirt!

No Coconuts though :confused::11::shakehead:

Da Beano Baggins

P.S. Drove thru Turkey Roost this morning (Tues) and saw a sleepy group in there. I thought to myself..."Prepare thyself , oh Roost , because I see a FLOOD of RUM coming down the road VERY SOON!" :11:

Addendum:
Ear and Eye are both very nice right now. River keeps dropping a little.
Very nice right now. :D
Things should be just about right for diving this weekend. (woo-hoo)

Are we going/allowed to have a campfire? If so, can we buy wood at the site? It'll be around 60 at night so a fire would be nice.

Bob

If we are not allowed to have a campfire, prepare to watch the rules get broken. MegaDive bonfires are a staple.

There should be no need to purchase firewood.:D

a couple of my local buddies (non-scuba board members) are going up this weekend, but they dont want to camp at the roost...
snobs - they want their normal spot with power and water...

pssht.

so about those zip ties -

I just paid a speeding ticket that cost me $185... That might have just ended my chances to making the Spring Mega-Dive :( Basically amounted to the gas money and camping fees I would have used...

We'll see what happens this weekend, doing Apprentice/Full Cave Sat-Tues in the High Springs area... maybe I won't spend as much money as I think I will... :( :(

Ouch! Was this local for you or while on a panhandle excursion?

I won't be making it this weekend either. The new additions to the family (a mother and her 2 pups) make the logistics too difficult for us to get away this time.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom