Oh man!!! I silted up the pool last night!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yodelhawk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
OK, OK... Has anybody ever done that before???
Last night a few dive buddies got together and helped out the local High school. Their pool was in dire need of some TLC... Actually more tough love now that I think about it. The bottom had been neglected for what seems to have been quite some time. 9 of us splashed with scrubbers in hand and went to work on the yellow coating on the bottom. At time of entry, the vis was great... All the way to the other end of the pool. 20 min later was a different story tho. If you could make out something 2 feet away from you you were doing good! Was really kind of gross when you think about it. All of took a few extra min in the shower after rinsing gear and ourselves. Just wanted to give a big thanks to the friends of A to Z Scuba and members of the Electric City Dive Club for their help.
After scrubbing the bottom for 1.5 hours, I'll never gripe about doing the dishes again! :D

Given the title f your post I was relieved to read that the way you "silted up the pool" was other than what came to mind when I read the title! I have had one other report of this phenomenon from an instructor who happened to be cleaning an indoor high school pool east of hear a couple of years ago. Which causes me to wonder if the common factor of being a high school pool has anything to do with the nature of "silt. Anyway, good for you and your friends for performing this volunteer service.
DivemasterDennis

I too chuckled when I read the title.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom