Oily bikini lady in rebreather ad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KOMPRESSOR (the OP):
I found this appropriate to be posted in the women's views forum, on behalf of female divers.

Am I the only one to react on the "sexist" ad for KISS rebreathers that shows to the left on my screen now and then, here on Scubaboard? Some of you may have blocked flash ads, but it's the one with the bikini lady that seems to have oiled up plentyful before putting on the rebreather system, as if she was going diving like that.

Where I live, using half naked posing sexy girls in ads and commercials not related to the girls at all, the ads are clearly towards men, is inappropriate. -And sometimes against the law. But not on moral grounds. It is considered a sexist and disrespectful view on women in general.

So what do you think, ladies? Are the oiled up girls in car commercials and rebreather ads ok with you?

EDIT: Here's the ad I'm talking about
http://www.divedomain.com/adimage.php?filename=kissa.gif&contenttype=gif

HowardE:
So NOW it's not possible that women can have larger than average breasts without augmentation :confused:

It's really a shame that people have to make such general assumptions about others just from an advertisement... which is obviously effective.
:shakehead:
Howard, with all due respect, I expect that we've both seen enough boobs in our lives to recognize the difference, and there's the "before shot" anyway that was refferenced by the OP.

I clicked on this link because I wanted to see a, "Oily bikini lady in rebreather ad"

So that makes me sexist, or a perv? I stongly disagree! There are other things that make me a sexist and a perv..not the ad.

There are 2 different women shown in the ad.

How can ANYONE say from a photo - REAL or FAKE? Please enlighten me.

They look similar to me and I take Kompressor's word for it ... and even if they are different, that's an augmentation mammoplasty if ever I saw one.

I like the part where you can tell she's "clearly" "a dumb chick"
... all this just by looking at her

You guys are too much

I'll ask Kim on Monday if it's 2 different women shown in the ad. There's 1 woman kissing a man in one of the frames and another wearing a blue bikini in 2 of the frames. The woman in the blue top is who I assume you're all speaking of.

The appearance of grease - is in fact the GIF compression from the image. GIF format doesn't include all colors, but it is compressed, and only uses 256 colors, therefore colors look mushed together. Whether or not they are real or enhanced breasts is irrelevant and really nobody's business. Who knows, and really why would anyone care?

The ad is again to show people that diving a rebreather CAN be fun. Thus Kim chose a photo of someone who looked like they were enjoying themselves. A photo of a dude all teched out in gear; looking serious - would just continue the stereotype that rebreather diving is extreme diving. The gear and the sport have come a long way and with the proper training (that all purchasers MUST get) rebreather diving is now accessable to a wide variety of divers.

Some of these posts are offensive to the woman in the ad.

Please empathize a bit before you play 'keyboard bully'.

Amazing how brazen posters can be with no accountability; would you say these statements directly to the woman?

I think not.

sarita75:
:shakehead: :headshake Shakes head a Roy ..... tsk, tsk. :shakehead: :headshake

I saw the ad a few days (weeks?! it all blurs together) and was kind of offended, or maybe not so offended as I was confused. I didn't see how a company trying to sell technical gear could come up with oily-bikini-girl-wearing-rebreather = great marketing. But perhaps that's why I chose to become a lawyer?!?! [no jokes about sharks, etc....please!! :) ]

Well...boys well be boys you know :D but I'll do this JUST to make you feel better.

RoyN->:chair:<-Sarita

RoyN->:flame:<-Sarita

Sarita->:whack:<-RoyN

RoyN->:bash:<-Sarita

RoyN->:boxing_sm<-Sarita

RoyN->:catherine:<-Sarita

RoyN->:laser:<-Sarita

Well, Hope you feel better now. :D Now I'm going to go put on some badges. :ghost:

Thalassamania:
If the "Chairman" wants to play that truly childish and stupid "real" vs. "cyber" diver game go ahead,
I'm not the one playing it, YOU are. You are the one judging this lady by her anatomy, rather than her skills. That you don't see your comments as sexist speaks volumes. Epic volumes. Think Gilgamesh or War and Peace.
Thalassamania:
we all know whose been where and done what.
Yes Thal, we've become accustomed to your tales of derring do! Some people are legends in their own mind! But what does this have to do with this ad? Does your prowess underwater somehow diminish this lady's accomplishments? Are you suggesting that somehow YOU would have made a better subject? Are you SURE that bikini is in your size?

I take it that since the lady in question is obviously having fun while diving, you either don't like fun while diving, or don't like ladies. Fortunately, I don't share these attitudes with you: I like both ladies and fun! :D

I think it's about TIME that scuba diving is released from it's hostage status by the intimidation efforts waged by so many in the scuba community. Ladies, don't ever let these guys tell you that you are too pretty to dive a rebreather or that you could not possibly carry those doubles. They think tech diving and anything that they want to associate with tech diving is beyond your pretty little head to figure out. BULL! Don't let the arrogant dictate what you can or can not do... not ever!

NetDoc:
I'm not the one playing it, YOU are. You are the one judging this lady by her anatomy, rather than her skills. That you don't see your comments as sexist speaks volumes. Epic volumes. Think Gilgamesh or War and Peace. Yes Thal, we've become accustomed to your tales of derring do! Some people are legends in their own mind! But what does this have to do with this ad? Does your prowess underwater somehow diminish this lady's accomplishments? Are you somehow suggesting that YOU have made a better subject?

I take it that since the lady in question is obviously having fun while diving, you either don't like fun while diving, or don't like ladies. Fortunately, I don't share these attitudes with you: I like both ladies and fun! :D

:no Im not going there :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom