Oily bikini lady in rebreather ad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"In our society sex is wounded by a deep seated masochism, which finds distorted satisfaction in the suppression of desire. This masochism is a symptomatic and destructive form of surrender. Everywhere we are told to set limits on eros, to be careful that we are not lost in its passion. But if we listen to those worried cautions, Eros may go underground as seething, dark desire, and the surface of life may turn mechanical and controlled, cheerless and humorless" Thomas Moore (who lived twelve years as a monk)

and

In Greek literature eros is nothing less than the magnetism that holds the entire universe together.

catherine96821:
"In our society sex is wounded by a deep seated masochism, which finds distorted satisfaction in the suppression of desire. This masochism is a symptomatic and destructive form of surrender. Everywhere we are told to set limits on eros, to be careful that we are not lost in its passion. But if we listen to those worried cautions, Eros may go underground as seething, dark desire, and the surface of life may turn mechanical and controlled, cheerless and humorless" Thomas Moore (who lived twelve years as a monk)

and

In Greek literature eros is nothing less than the magnetism that holds the entire universe together.

Terrific quote!!! . I wish I could find the "applause" emoticon.

Cheers,

X

Awww...you people are semi-destroying a nice humor thread here...:(

Well, I take back what I said about that girl being hot. But remind you I'm still a kid so boys will be boys. :wink:

EDIT: And to cool off everybody's debate or whatever, we all should go for a ride in a bicycle :D

:catherine: Except don't run over somebody now.

NetDoc:
Yes Thal, we've become accustomed to your tales of derring do!
Most of the folks on the board seem to enjoy my tales, I receive many requests for more, if you have a problem with them, perhaps you should make your feeling know in those threads. Perhaps these people are just being kind?

NetDoc:
Some people are legends in their own mind!
As far as legends are concerned ... I don't know if I've reached "legendary" status or not, one can never judge that for oneself. I'm sure that many of my heros, divers who are truley legends "in my own mind," are unknown to many of you: Connie Limbaugh, Bob Given, Jim Stewart, Andy Rechnitzer, Lloyd Austin, Sylvia Earle, Bob Dill, Morgan Wells, Lee Somers, Walt Hendricks, Sr., [SIZE=-1]Alina Szmant, Bill and Peggy Hamner, Kathy Sullivan, [/SIZE]and John Duffy to name a few. I'd be nice to think that in some small corner of the world I might be on someone else's list (or even on one of their lists) ... but that's never been a goal or an aspiration, I only tried to do good well. Anyway, if some of their pixie dust has rubbed off on me ... so be it, if not ... that's OK too.

I've worked hard, I've produced, and I've been lucky. As a result I've had a by invitation seat at the table, not a view from the nosebleeds, at most of the critical junctures in diving in the last quarter century or so. Did I "make it happen?" In some small instances, yes but by and large: no, of course not. It was the time, the place and the total mix of people ... each of us doing what we could, winning some and losing others.

Pray tell NetDoc, am I remiss in not remembering that you were there?

“O! beware, my lord, of jealousy; It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on” William Shakespeare, Othello: Act III Scene 3.

where is Kompressor? he stirs up all this trouble and flies the coop.

I thought from a beginning this was a big set up....

kinda like when he was posting full size color pictures whale steaks on his plate, lol.

it's is quite Shakespearean in here

I love the tales, Thal

way better than Oprah

when you come to Hawaii, there will be half naked people everywhere, I am sure you know that.

Thalassamania:
Most of the folks on the board seem to enjoy my tales, I receive many requests for more...

...As a result I've had a by invitation seat at the table, not a view from the nosebleeds, at most of the critical junctures in diving in the last quarter century or so.
Keep the stories coming Thal--you're like a human JumboTron for those of us in the cheap seats.:D

Mr.X:
I find it rather odd that the OP is ready to hunt & eat whales, but finds offense in an ad where someone is well endowed and enjoying her/their rebreather?

The ad doesn't bother me at all. Would I run an ad like that? Probably not, but I am not above examining the market and designing an ad best suited to reach the viewers and potential customers.

X

And I find it rather odd, no really, plain silly, that you go for the messenger and not the message. For your ignorance sake, I don't hunt whales. -But I ocassionally buy the meat in my local grocery store neatly wacuum packed and presented in a way that even you would buy, if you grew up around here. Today, however, we're having moose steak for dinner! :D

(Got the moose steak from my hunting neigbour, not the store...)

I don't really expect you to be bothered by the ad since I suppose you're a man. I asked for women's opinion here, but you appearantly didn't read that.

catherine96821:
where is Kompressor? he stirs up all this trouble and flies the coop.

I thought from a beginning this was a big set up....

kinda like when he was posting full size color pictures whale steaks on his plate, lol.

it's is quite Shakespearean in here

I love the tales, Thal

way better than Oprah

when you come to Hawaii, there will be half naked people everywhere, I am sure you know that.

Didn't Scubaboard refuse that picture? :D

Take it easy. I used to live in Seattle, and as far as I know you'll be thrown in jail if you even go topless on a US beach, that is if you're a woman... :no
-Not so here, so if you think you're so radical in Hawaii, think again! :blinking:

scubamanbo:
the ad is superb look at all people who spread it around some with breast envy, some who appreciate breasts, and some who just think it's really stupid to waste time on it when there are other important.....kudos to the ad company nice job, you hooked a lot of sucker fish...
you mention breasts, breasts and more breasts

but a ad campaign is only successful if it gains market recongnition PLUS increased sales.

i suspect a continuation of this type of ad campaign will only create a new class of rec rebreather divers

those that have stepped up to a more seriously marketed unit (rEvo, meg, prism) and those that clicked a button and ordered the KISS

as i mentioned before, in my area, the KISS has had a 30% increase since march 2007 - making a few divers decide that for value for money they chose another unit for only a little more $ and leave the KISS for the rec divers

Back
Top Bottom