Oily bikini lady in rebreather ad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that is exactly what Kim is trying to do ... a new class of rebreather diver ... recreational

As I said here some time ago (lost in crash?) I was disappointed in the ad because it made my ideas of a rebreather seem less technical, sophisticated, unobtainable and exotic (and even dumbed down, yano, even a rec diver could use one).. but ... the ad would make no difference to me if this is the one that fit my needs, or the one I liked best after trying several others out ... not going to dismiss a product just becuse rec divers are using it or an ad that promotes it

And from this thread I've learned that some pretty incredible stereotypes fostered on woman are still very much in existence ...

Thalassamania:
Most of the folks on the board seem to enjoy my tales, I receive many requests for more, if you have a problem with them, perhaps you should make your feeling know in those threads. Perhaps these people are just being kind?
This board is built on tales and tails Thal! Where would we be without yours? Heck, some of the tales on this board even smack of truth!
Thalassamania:
As far as legends are concerned ... I don't know if I've reached "legendary" status or not, (yada yada yada)
I know I haven't reached legend status. Heck, I am not sure I have reached notorious status yet! :D :D But Thal, I never said that YOU were a legend in your own mind, only "some people". Why are you so defensive over a general statement? The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Thalassamania:
“O! beware, my lord, of jealousy; It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on” William Shakespeare, Othello: Act III Scene 3.
Perhaps you really meant: The arrogance that accompanies merit offends us even more than the arrogance of people who are lacking in merit: since merit itself offends us. Nietzshche or the more ponderous Arrogance invites ruin while humility receives benefits. Anon

NetDoc:
But Thal, I never said that YOU were a legend in your own mind, only "some people". Why are you so defensive over a general statement? The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Methinks you lack the guts and honesty to do anything but spew innuendo and then retreat into denial.

D_B:
And from this thread I've learned that some pretty incredible stereotypes fostered on woman are still very much in existence ...
Indeed, and the denial that they HAVE these stereotypes is what is MOST disconcerting. "Reason transformed into prejudice is the worst form of prejudice!"

Enough is enough.
I don't care about the woman in the bikini! How do I find out more about the hunky man in the add?
Do you think he has had pec implants?

Thalassamania:
Methinks you lack the guts and honesty to do anything but spew innuendo and then retreat into denial.
Now now! :rofl3:

Someone put up a hunky dory for Bella!

Wait....never mind....she's got the PPD! :D

I wonder if anything would sell if modeled on an unattractive woman?

Thalassamania:

:catfight:

TheRedHead:
I wonder if anything would sell if modeled on an unattractive woman?
Well - I personally think that Paris Hilton is pretty unattractive (she'd make me want to run a mile!). but I bet she's sold a lot! :eyebrow:

And then there's that bird that Hugh Grant got involved with - I believe she's put her kids through school and lives rather nicely these days thank you very much! :D

So yeah.....of course an unattractive woman can aid the sell - it all depends on the light and angle....

You know what they say...... "You can lead a dick to water but you can't make him think!" :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom