OK Prowler 13 Angler vs OK Prowler Trident 13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luke, I too have been in the market for a dive yak for several years. I found a steal on a OK prowler 13 last week on Craigslist. Haven't had a chance to dive in it yet but I took it out fishing this weekend and found it very stable, l am comfortable that it will be fine for diving. In my quest I did (just last week) see a OK Caper in pink at Gander Mountain in Ocala. My wife also wanted pink but we found such a good deal on a 2 yak package that we could not pass it up so she ended up with lime green, which BTW she is quite happy with. Can't say how the caper would be for diving as my wife dose not dive (yet), but it seems quite stable as well. Maybe someone else can tell you more about that boat for diving. Hope this helps.

Thank you all so much for the advice (and the coupon code Peter!).

I am definitely sold on the Prowler 13. I have trawled through several threads and other dive kayak websites and I haven't heard anything other than praise for it.

As for a pink dive kayak for my wife I'm at a bit of a loss (short of painting one).

If I find anything I will let you all know!!!

Do you guys know of any good local kayak stores I can go and see different models at? It's hard to really get a feel for them from just looking at photos on the internet. I'm on the East Coast of Florida, South of Ft Pierce and North of Jupiter.

......Also Debbie what kind of modifications (if any) have you made to your Prowler 13 Angler to get it ready for diving. (Any photos of your kayak kitted out would be great if you have them?)

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the links,

I can't wait to get my kayak!!!!!!

(I get the feeling it is quite addictive?)

Yeah, something like that! :)

I got mine on craigs list for 750. I love it. SOT is the way to go. I flipped mine lots of times with no big deal. EVERYTHING gets it's own leash is the law.

I got mine on craigs list for 750. I love it. SOT is the way to go. I flipped mine lots of times with no big deal. EVERYTHING gets it's own leash is the law.

Speaking of which.. if anybody finds a weightbelt off Kayuba Beach.. it may be mine..
it wasn't strapped on when I flipped it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom