"Old" air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ertes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
How long can air be "stored" in the tank? I filled my tank more than 2 months ago and it is just sitting in my garage. I am thinking of diving this weekend.
Sorry if this is dumb question but better safe than sorry.

You should be fine. Hardly anyone thinks twice about going to 6 months. After that it is highly debated, search prior threads for the gory details.

Pete

ertes:
How long can air be "stored" in the tank? I filled my tank more than 2 months ago and it is just sitting in my garage. I am thinking of diving this weekend.
Sorry if this is dumb question but better safe than sorry.

Just remember, all the air on earth has been stored in this dinky planets atmosphere for billions of years. Larger container, but much longer time . . .

Are you putting anything in your tank for the air to react with?

Ken

more a concern in steel than alum cylinders for long term storage. 2 months is nothing...

omg...you are going to die!!!!!!

i would recommend checking the pressure of the tank before you leave. i let my tanks sit full of air for about 3 months and i didnt check them before i left. when i got down to monterey, i only had 2400 psi in each tank.

have fun diving!

Jorbar1551:
i would recommend checking the pressure of the tank before you leave. i let my tanks sit full of air for about 3 months and i didnt check them before i left. when i got down to monterey, i only had 2400 psi in each tank.
Either you have a slow puncture on your tanks, or you forgot about that Sunday afternoon you spent time blowing bubble rings from the bottom of the pool :D

ertes: You'll be fine. Two months is no biggie :coffee:

or the air nazi at the dive shop i work at filled my tanks

Jorbar1551:
or the air nazi at the dive shop i work at filled my tanks
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom