Old Fogie -NEWBEE here Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GJC- THANKS-to you...... I just watched the movie (Silent World) I was looking for on You-Tube.
I have an HDMI to AV converter and I'm gonna' see if I can't cut a DVD of the movie. Jacques wouldn't mind.
There was another oldie in which I remember a party of about 5-6 divers under the stern of a sunken ship, in dark water, by the screw. They also had a grouper which was interested in them at the time. Does anyone remember the title of that movie?

I spent time in the Atlantic and recall the inky blue water of the open ocean. We had to get about 100 miles offshore (of the U.S.) to get that clean water. The water in the movie Silent World was a more sky blue than I have ever seen in my sea faring days. Just beautiful!

I'm gonna turn my pc upside down to find a picture of myself and a diving buddy taken back in about 1961. Black and white, but you might want to see me back then.
Thanks again for all your help!

I found my old picture:
"There was a problem uploading your picture."
Guess I don't have enough seniority here to load pictures. Maybe the commanding officer will let me u/l one?

I spent hours watching the old video/s on You Tube. I had no idea the Silent World was there. After further research I fouind out about the re-fit of the Calypso and it's later destruction.
If I was Jacques I's sure have a new boat built rather than re-building a wooden hull mine sweeper. (I think it was a waste of money)
Mister Cousteau had lots of money as he did not have to split the profits from the Aqua Lung with it's co-inventer Mr. Gagnon.
Thank you for steering me to the right place for the movies.

Finally found a way to upload a picture here. Yeah the 16 year old on the right is me. Leaky dry suit. With mushroom anchor some boater threw overboard in 12 feet of water with 6 feet of rope on it. This is about 1960 or 1961 vintage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom