Old Oceanic Datamax Pro Computer Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I traded in my Data Max because the "j" batteries were no longer available-but I like my OCI better!

weird. I was just given a datamax and had no problem finding J batteries for it... used for medical devices it seems.

Production had ceased for the " j " , and all the options on ebay showed expiration dates of 2012- 2015. Would you dive with expired batteries? No store had the battery here on the Eastern shore!
Anyway, House of Scuba/American Underwater Products allowed a sizable trade in on a nitrox-capable OCI, and I am happy with the deal.

Last edited:
Are you referring to this battery?
Exp. date of 2019.

Ebay is a dumping ground for expired products.
theshorelinemarket_2451_278353264.jpg

Production had ceased for the " j " , and all the options on ebay showed expiration dates of 2012- 2015. Would you dive with expired batteries? No store had the battery here on the Eastern shore!
Anyway, House of Scuba/American Underwater Products allowed a sizable trade in on a nitrox-capable OCI, and I am happy with the deal.

A chinese batteriy was not available at the time much less acceptable expiration dates( wouldn't by foreign batteries anyway), except a Kodak( same appearance, but) variety which were too short and needed piece of paper inserted at bottom to keep it against the contacts, but my datamax was not a nitrox computer-it was time for an upgrade!

Back
Top Bottom