old school or young fool?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pants!:
If all the DIR stuff is taught by NSS, IANTD, etc, how can so much of it be wrong?
that's a question that only you (as a diver) can answer.

nova:
weird as in "your cans on the right but the lightheads in the left hand " or weird as in " whatever task at hand can be handled with the D-rings that you have, so don't add one". It's just a D-ring. Maybe for a camera, catchbag, quick place to clip a reefhook?
Wierd as in...attach it (the can) to your back gas tank.

nova:
that's a question that only you (as a diver) can answer.
So you're saying that I'll get taught all the same, wrong stuff in an NSS course as I would in a GUE course? :06:

nova:
My rightside tank has a D-ring with hose clamp, easy to reach :11: but not DIR
It would make steering my scooter harder.

JeffG:
It would make steering my scooter harder.
I use my tank D for reels. You totally lost me with the scooter thing

pants!:
So you're saying that I'll get taught all the same, wrong stuff in an NSS course as I would in a GUE course? :06:
no , what I'm saying is , what's right and wrong is up to you. not anyone else (add agency here) This is where "doing it right " gets confusing. If the powers that be decide to change the DIR gear configuration does that mean the gear configuration was wrong before? Can you create a thinking diver by not letting them think?

these are questions of a divers personal gear choice,there should be nothing right or wrong about it

nova:
I use my tank D for reels. You totally lost me with the scooter thing
Rightside tank. I don't want anything to clutter my right side...especialy when I am scootering.

I hate to jump in here ... this looks like a DIR troll simply placed in the Hog forum....

I really lost where you are going with this thread....

Remember - you posted this in the HOG forum - ask yourself what is hogarthian diving ?? Perhaps this is what you should be asking and perhaps research it.... it is a very simple KISS attitude to sum it up.. If you dont need it - dont bring it - so why ask if everyone knows the differance.....

DIR on the other hand uses the HOG mindset is all.....and a team approach and team mindset towards diving - I dont think DIR divers clain JJ invented HOG diving - it is in fact named after someone in case you may not know, and many of the techniques were developed from many of the true founders (ie Sheck) of modern cave diving... I have never heard anyone deny these facts....

Nova - if your so 'anti DIR' fine.... but you obviously like HOG rigs... so who cares what agency likes what---- lets talk HOG diving, DIR, whatever floats your boat - all this arguing over gear / agencies is crazy.....

geee wizzz..... stop the dive politics...

Tom

nova:
these are questions of a divers personal gear choice,there should be nothing right or wrong about it
Then why are you saying that things that are DIR are specifically "wrong"?

At the most basic, all of these things you're espousing as "wrong" are personal choices and that should be OK with you, according to your own statement.

:06:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom