Old steels denied fills due to store "policy"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel dirty for even thinking this, let alone writing it...

Use it to make money: tanks we VIP we fill without containment; tanks we don't VIP get containment, and we have to charge $1 extra for the hassle...... And if your tank is 20 years old, we'll only fill it with our VIP *and* we'll require the containment.

I need to wash my hands after writing that... :)

That is wrong in so many ways. What you should do is wash your brain out.

I don't need to prove anything to anyone ...and a part of me didn't want to produce a picture because this guy seems to have a hard on against me, hopefully I'm wrong but I wonder about the mental state .To a point that if he was closer to Florida I'd consider calling law enforcement, just in case. He seems far enough so I won't go there. However just know there's a "stand your ground" law here in Florida, just saying.

Also for the record, there was no offer of rental. Not that I would've taken it anyways. For one I had other tanks filled and 2 - NO, I didn't want any business with them after that.

Something was said, don't recall exact words but something to the effect of "see you soon" ,. "comeback soon" or similar. to what I replied: No I won't be back if you're not filling my tanks

Oh yeah.... I'm still waiting for the "Policy" I happen to have a few HP 100s maybe I can fill those at Force E and the old rotten ones in the better dive shop... Ha ha ha!

View attachment 506370

It's been quite a 24 hour cycle. I'm looking forward to the weekend, I have full tanks already on board, and if the seas are 3 foot of less I'll be out diving. Of course I will go to the garden variety reefs of south Florida. Not like I can go to places others dream about.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend. Boat is almost ready to go. I even wrap 550 line on some of my stuff so I have better control for the last days of lobster season.

View attachment 506372 View attachment 506373

There..... Now I'm done with this.
Funny the photo of the 72 on the boat and the photo of the vip appears to have a diffrent tank boot. ... I still think there's more to this story.

You know nothing about our coustomer service. We go to hell and back for our coustomers. We run a safe operation . Just cus I wont fill an old tank dosnt mean we dont care about our coustomers. Again I'll gladly offer a complementary rental if we refuse a fill. So you can still get your dive in.

Our fill station is small but mighty it serves our needs in our low volume operation. We do alot with less. And yes that is an old photo from our last move.

The next closest fill station is 60 miles away and closes at 2 on Saturday. I'll open at 10 PM if you need a fill and your tanks aren't older than me

As for our coustomer service I have on more than one occasion met coustomers at the highway to hand deliver our personal lights, dry suits, sorb , sensors, any thing to make sure our loyal coustomers dont miss a dive. We often hand over our own regs on the boat when a charter passengers gear fails, I have patched dry suits with the diver geard up and assisted in the recovery of a new shearwater that slipped off a divers wrist durring an entry.

This past season we made a 30 mile round trip durring a surface interval to pick up 2 divers who had missed the evening ferry and had to catch the morning run. That's at least $200 in fuel that we didn't up charge for.

If you want to know who I really am? call Dan Humble or Wayne Green they will fill you in on who answers the call when the worst moments of people's life happen.

You are so quick to cast stones at me and operations like force e but you dont know who or what you are talking about.
I don't care about your tank fill operation. You might notice that I actually defended you a bit there.

My view of your customer service is based on what is evident in this thread. You don't seem to be the kind of person I enjoy patronizing. You may well be an awesome guy in the flesh, but it has not translated here. Your reputation is based not just on what you do but on what you say and how you say it. Your posts make me not want to find out. I cannot envision a situation where I would need to dive so bad that I would need to take the risk of patronizing someone who leaves me with a bad vibe.

Dan might well vouch for you, I don't know. I just don't see why I should ask him. I am sure there is more than one person he likes who I don't. I bought my Petrel and a few other odds and sods from him but I am sure he would not know me from Adam.

The only stones I am casting are based on what you have posted here. Those words are directly in evidence.

As to Force E, the fact that the OP posted here at all is sufficient evidence that they had a customer service failure.

You can, of course, dismiss me as not knowing what I am talking about when I reference these failures. Your prerogative. I have only responded to your words.

Funny the photo of the 72 on the boat and the photo of the vip appears to have a diffrent tank boot. ... I still think there's more to this story.
(rolling eyes like a crazy person)

It's all a conspiracy!!

I think there is no tank. That's the key. The key to it all. You must understand, the truth, there is no tank. (Matrix).

It's just photoshop. She took pictures off the interwebs. Then she photoshopped them. To put the shop VIP on them. All of them. All of the tanks. All the tanks we've been seeing are photoshopped.

I think your fill station doesn't exist. It's all just CGI graphics. Good work, really. I mean, simple cylinders are easy. But a bit of shading, some wear marks. That. That takes real talent. You've got a gift.

I can see that your charter is just a night job. Something to give you cover for your real work as an international trans-galactic spy. That's the real crime. And the revolt on planet Plazblav. I know your efforts there are still needed.

(Sigh. Have we illuminated the bat **** craziness of this all)

This is really unfortunate making a decision with out facts. The shop rules in the end.

The way this thread has gone is why I believe from the bottom of my heart that, "nobody wins in an argument on scubaboard".

There was some good information early in this thread about tanks, tank life, tank ratings and statistics on tank failures. When it became about the people involved in the discussion instead of their opinions then the value of the thread lost its shine. We should play the ball and not the man.

We don't know who we are talking to or about and in my experience with actually getting to know people here, our members are almost(in my experience always) better people in real life than the impression I got from their online persona. I may not agree with their opinions but most prolific posters are here to help.

In the past I have told people who wanted tanks filled that I didn't think were safe, that I'd be happy to fill their tanks, after I explained why I didn't think they were safe, as long as they held the tank between their legs while I filled the tank. So far nobody was dumb enough to accept my offer, and although I still see these divers, I have never again seen the tanks in question.

Michael

The way this thread has gone is why I believe from the bottom of my heart that, "nobody wins in an argument on scubaboard".

Ray, I think all the winners are non-participants. The purveyors of high-bandwidth networking gear come to mind.
"It's an ill wind that blows no good." ;-)

Ray, I think all the winners are non-participants. The purveyors of high-bandwidth networking gear come to mind.
"It's an ill wind that blows no good." ;-)
It may seem like that and I do think of Pete every time I post that sentiment but consider how many people say, "I never go to that forum because every topic just turns into an argument" compared to the literally zero people that have told me I go there because it's like the demolition derby. If rancor was what really drove site activity in the long run then rec.scuba would be the happening scene. People are attracted to friendly places with people they enjoy. We may jump into a fray out of reflex but we go back to places that feel like the bar at "cheers" and hang out with "norm".

We act on reports for our cues on needed moderation. The reports are made most often because people are being rude. I don't recall it happening to affect who wins the argument. People want a community. I am honored to be a part of this one.

It may seem like that and I do think of Pete every time I post that sentiment but consider how many people say, "I never go to that forum because every topic just turns into an argument" compared to the literally zero people that have told me I go there because it's like the demolition derby. If rancor was what really drove site activity in the long run then rec.scuba would be the happening scene.

While I agree in the general premise of your comments, I will add my experience. Early on in my postings here on SB I got waylaid by a bunch of know it alls that knew all about my situation and made grand assumptions about what I had done wrong. Much like fullytek seems to know all about Ana’s rotten tanks. For me it was the sane minds that came around and said, “hey txgoose, never mind the busy bodies, they’re busy bodies.” A huge part of what separates scubaboard from rec.paintball (my old stomping grounds decades ago) is that as in this thread, the larger voice was the voice of reason and science and statistics. If the less reasonable voices go unchecked then we lose a lot more than an Internet argument.

Yes, I have had to walk away from my own collection of threads because they went down rabbit holes, but by and large the discussions that we get into are a pretty successful checks and balances against advice that is unsafe and/or pretty far outside of the norm.

Having generated a half a dozen pages in a thread about ascent rate, I can apparently ruffle feather fairly well myself. The difference in that thread was that I wanted to learn and I challenged people but I challenged people so I could dig and grow. The checks and balances worked because I made an attempt at a claim that wasn’t true and we beat the crap out of my claim until I understood it better. BUT (I think) folks recognized that I wanted to progress and we also beat a horse but actually made glue. AND the thread ended amicably. If a person wants to make an untrue claim and has zero intentions of ever changing their mind, SB as a whole owes it to the newbies, the lurkers and the google searchers to challenge those claims.

Did this thread need to go the way that it did? Not really. Did the checks and balances work? I hope so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom