OLY E-PM1 - Help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Ouvea,

It may work - the Olympus housings do have a small clear area around the fiber optic area. The housing also comes with a diffuser which should help bounce the light back - you may want to put white tape on the diffuser so it becomes more of a deflector vs. diffuser.

At any rate - you should be able to talk with the retailer you're buying the system from and they should be able to tell you if there would be enough light to work with the AF35.

Hi Guys:

I'm also considering purchasing this setup. I have an Ikelite AF35 strobe, which I used with my Sony camera that failed. Will the EPM1 work with my Ikelite Strobe?

Thanks,
O.

maybe you can do close macro work where the internal flash would be strong enough to light the subject. Thats what I did with my Oly for several months before I bought a flash.

maybe you can do close macro work where the internal flash would be strong enough to light the subject. Thats what I did with my Oly for several months before I bought a flash.

Don't get too close (macro) as the in-camera flash will be blocked by the lens port. You will see a shadow on your photos.

Using the EPM-1's underwater white balance you can get some nice shots down pretty deep, if you save in both raw and jpeg you can do color correction of the image later.

Don't get too close (macro) as the in-camera flash will be blocked by the lens port. You will see a shadow on your photos.

Yes, thats correct. You can't do really close focusing because of the shadow. So the working distance has to be very close because of the flash's reach but not so close to prevent the shadow.

At first, I felt it was a limitation. That I immediately need a flash. But with the limits, you'd be forced to taking certain shots only. In my case, that helped developed my macro skill, which were then enhanced when I got the strobe.

Back
Top Bottom