Oly questions....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
sapphire:
Sure Jeff, I will add you right away.
Greetings all ! I have a question. Can I attach a strobe to a housing for an Olympus C-700 ? I am in the proicess of possibly buying one. Please advise, I am tired of the Ikelite housings and the lack of disposable film available for it. I also think it's time to evolutionize to the digital world of photography. I already have the camera so the housing is all I really need. Are there other accessories I can buy for the C-700 also ? Like macro lenses and wide angle lenses ? Please advise. I enjoy diving very much but I enjoy taking pictures underwater even more. Thanks for your responses in advance. Good viz, Scuba-Rican, aka George Correa.

Scuba-Rican:
Greetings all ! I have a question. Can I attach a strobe to a housing for an Olympus C-700 ? I am in the proicess of possibly buying one. Please advise, I am tired of the Ikelite housings and the lack of disposable film available for it. I also think it's time to evolutionize to the digital world of photography. I already have the camera so the housing is all I really need. Are there other accessories I can buy for the C-700 also ? Like macro lenses and wide angle lenses ? Please advise. I enjoy diving very much but I enjoy taking pictures underwater even more. Thanks for your responses in advance. Good viz, Scuba-Rican, aka George Correa.

Hey, George! I can't really help you much. I didn't find an Oly housing for the C-700 so I can't comment about the strobe and lenses.

Have you thought about upgrading to a C-5050?

I ran a search and it seems that Ikelite offers a housing for the C-700, you might want to look into that. If they offer the housing they might offer lenses to. Considering the cost of the Ikelite housing you might want to look into upgrading to a C-5050 as Dee suggests.
Good luck which ever way you go!
aloha,
Lias

Dee:
Hey, George! I can't really help you much. I didn't find an Oly housing for the C-700 so I can't comment about the strobe and lenses.

Have you thought about upgrading to a C-5050?
Ahh, not really Dee. I just bought the C-700 not long ago. Got a real deal on it right out of the box.:crafty:

justleesa:
I ran a search and it seems that Ikelite offers a housing for the C-700 you might want to look into that. If the offer the housing the might offer lenses to. Considering the cost of the Ikelite housing you might want to look into upgrading to a C-5050 as Dee suggests.
aloha,
Lias
Thanx for your prompt response, I appreciate it.

justleesa:
I ran a search and it seems that Ikelite offers a housing for the C-700, you might want to look into that. If they offer the housing they might offer lenses to. Considering the cost of the Ikelite housing you might want to look into upgrading to a C-5050 as Dee suggests.
aloha,
Lias
After looking on the Olympus and Ikelite websites and comparing prices, value and ease, I think that just buying the C-5050 with the housing would be cheaper for me. I think I will make myself a great birthday present to myself. Total for the setup is less than $1000.00. I can always just use the C-700 for land photos. Thanx, Here I go again. mo money mo money mo money:sigh: Good Viz, George

George....now you know why I asked if you'd considered it.

I just bought Beast a new C-5050 here at BuyDig.com. Very good price from a recommended company.

Dee:
George....now you know why I asked if you'd considered it.

I just bought Beast a new C-5050 here at BuyDig.com. Very good price from a recommended company.
Yup, Can't go wrong Dee. I saw it @ buydig.com too. Great price. I am going w/ the executive package. It brings a higher memory card and other goodies. I think total price is around $550.00. The housing @ olympus.com is around $260.00. I can't pass this up. I saw a guy in Puerto Rico with this same setup and he couldn't seem to shut up about how great it was. I'm going for it. Thanx again. I can't wait :jump:

Scuba-Rican:
The housing @ olympus.com is around $260.00. I can't pass this up. I saw a guy in Puerto Rico with this same setup and he couldn't seem to shut up about how great it was. I'm going for it. Thanx again. I can't wait :jump:
Wait wait wait! Check your local photo shop for the housing. I got mine (11/03) from my LPS and only paid $179.-. As for the good price on bigger media, Right now you can get a 256 XD for 70+ at OfficeMax, also check amazon for a sale on the 512MB CF, I think I paid $80 for that.

justleesa:
Wait wait wait! Check your local photo shop for the housing. I got mine from my LPS and only paid $179.-. As for the good price on bigger media, Right now you can get a 256 XD for 70+ at OfficeMax, also check amazon for a sale on the 512MB CF, I think I paid $80 for that.
Excellent Leese ! Thanx a bunch.:monkeydan I have to do some more research at my LPS before I go ahead and buy the housing directly from Olympus. Thanx for the heads up. My photo setup is looking better and better. not to mention my checking account. :eyebrow: I have to go to officemax too. Good viz, George.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom