On Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lol...you can’t purchase TI once the storm has a name and it’s headed towards that destination!

Yeah, I am doing the same thing. It's driving me crazy trying to figure it out LOl!

Something for both of you to think about is whether even a weak depression south of The Caymans will induce a north or northeasterly wind. The aggressor likes to spend most of its time on the north side of Little Cayman where the best diving is. A north or northeast wind will not be your friend there. During my trip there at the end of August, I was told that the new Aggressor boat is actually slightly too heavy for even the double ball moorings in the Marine Park, so I suspect they will be less likely to head that way if the conditions may be rough.

Looks like there is a chance that Isaac (the storm threatening Cayman) will weaken and possibly fall apart but this still means there will probably a few days of rain and wind.

The biggest concern would be if you are flying through any of the airports that are going to be affected by Florence. Charlotte would be the biggest risk, as I understand it.

The biggest concern would be if you are flying through any of the airports that are going to be affected by Florence. Charlotte would be the biggest risk, as I understand it.
My son who is meeting us down there was going through Charlotte on Saturday but he was able to get it changed. We are going through Denver, Houston then Grand Cayman. I am a little nervous about the weather in Houston Saturday morning..

Looks like Isaac is weakening it is now down to 45 MPH winds and looks like it will pass well south of Cayman.....BUT that can change .

My son who is meeting us down there was going through Charlotte on Saturday but he was able to get it changed. We are going through Denver, Houston then Grand Cayman. I am a little nervous about the weather in Houston Saturday morning..

I wouldn't worry about the Houston weather. We may get a bit of rain and a few storms, but they are not expecting the mess in the gulf to do much strengthening and it will go inland well south of us.

I am on Island now just got here weather looks good tomorrow starts the diving.

I never got through customs so fast in all my trips the plane was full of Caymanians so the Resident section had a long line and we were the only visitors literally walked right in up to the Customs desk and right out to luggage area.After we collected the luggage walked up to the person on the side and said "we have nothing to declare" she let us walk out.

The walk to the car rental was the longest leg .

We are on Brac now. The weather was gorgeous yesterday and today but the wind is supposed to pick up a bit for a couple of days.

If you get a chance check out the new Outpost Performance and Event Bar in Savanah at Pedro St James on Grand Cayman.

It's not open every night but it is open on Friday evenings and nights for food, rum tastings, and happy hour.

We went there last Friday evening and had a blast and they gave me a cute "Seven Fathoms Rum" brass keychain of an antique diver's helmet, and I like it a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom