Once again...SCUBATOYS!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
I can sorta agree with this. I think the guys at ScubaToys must give great customer support as everyone here "just loves them", but if everyone got on here and said how great their local dive shop was everytime they purchased something, the board would crash.

How about a dedicated Scubatoys thread or phorum?

Maybe there's a statistical significance of the board not crashing due to 'everyone' posting kudos to 'their LDS' - like maybe 'their LDS', in their opinion, has done less to earn their kudos?

So, while I'm at it, in my area the geographically nearest 'LDS' I will deal with is a 45 minute drive, the next a 2 hour drive, and neither of them will ship something to my residence. My line of work has long and often irregular hours. There are other dive shops in closer geographic proximity, and I have given them their chance(s), but others have earned my business. Quality of service matters to me, especially regulator servicing for one particular popular brand, is not something I'll turn over to the geographically nearest 'LDS' that is a dealer for that brand.

I think if a forum for 'LDS Rant' was created, and moderators moved all such threads to that forum, the statistical data would say there's lots more of these than kudos, from a qualitative look on this board - but I'd be curious to review any such items if a mod has such in numerical form.

And, I haven't purchased anything from Scubatoys yet, but I plan to this week, probably < $150 worth, so no big, new, 'complete package' purchase. I do applaud and support their business model, especially in that it is accomodating and flexibile for those on a different-than-9 to 5 weekday-work schedule / lifestyle.

To me, I'm glad people are very happy with ScubaToys. Especially being that when people have a bad experience with a dive operator or LDS or online supplier, they run right to the internet and post their negative thoughts and feelings. Especially since I hardly doubt they ever say anything to that particular venue, they just post on here. But everyone is free to do as they choose. I'm glad to see a company that can survive in such a niche market such as the scuba industry. I hope they can continue to provide exceptional service to it's clientele.

I am really enjoying your inputs in this board. I am sure you have much knowledge about the dive stuff as a dealer. And, I am also Larry's customer and like his way of business. I know there are several threads regarding his service and price. But, I have seen many businesses that they changed the way of business after getting popular and some money. Yes, they are easily spoiled. So, I don't mind keeping updated about his service and price from other board members. Sure, I plan to buy more stuff from him as long as he offers the competitive price and quality service. Am I on his payroll? No way!

My best 2 cent is......
If you don't like the thread, DON’’T OPEN IT. You know the title before opening the thread. Don’t waste your time to read what you don’t like.

No personal offense:wink:

Scubaroo:
No problems with you Larry - I've used you as an example a number of times on DiveOz as an example of a success story when it comes to the changing market of the retail dive industry.

But there's literally dozens of threads - surely someone can just append to one of the old ones. Must be my old ScubaBoard mod hat.

hoosier:

If you don't like the thread, DON’’T OPEN IT.
Now you would think that after being a member for almost 4 years I might have figured that out, but those damn threads just keep sucking me in...

I'll give Larry and his staff a thumbs up also. Bought something recently and realized when I got that is was a bit to short. He overnighted the new one. When Larry said that it would be at my front door early he wasn't kidding. Before I had a change to walk the dog. Not bad. I will most deff do business again with them. Thanks Larry.

Who cares? It's just another record in the database. Personally I'd rather see a new thread, than one with 127 pages that I'll never read.

Well my 2 cents .... WAY TO GO LARRY.. and yes, if someone wants to thank Scuba Toys for a job well done GO FOR IT... heck we all had to start buying gear some where.... and 7 years ago...Scuba Toys was where I bought by very first set as well. Both Larry and Joe helped me understand the differences in regs, bcd's, etc. so that I felt I made a good choice for me and my money....

WAY TO GO GUYS ONCE AGAIN!!!!

I think it's safe to say that Scubatoys and Larry are definitely favorites around SB! :wink: Hopefully I'll be able to join the 'satisfied customers' quite soon.....internet communications permitting! (sometimes it doesn't seem to work properly between Japan and the US.) :eyebrow:

Anybody got a rope? I have a nice big oak tree outside my house. I say we hang Scubaroo right now!

LOL seriously, lets give him a break. I don't think he meant any real harm.

Larry, I have read a lot of reviews on your company. It seems that you take real good care of your customers. I will be giving you a try on my next purchase.

Scubaroo,
Again, you are a valuable contributor in this board. As I remember, I have sent PM once to get your expertise. You and Larry are our all favorite members here. So, we don't want to see any tension by keeping their own boundaries, respectively. It is my point. :wink:

In addition, it is "Kudos" forum......

Scubaroo:
Now you would think that after being a member for almost 4 years I might have figured that out, but those damn threads just keep sucking me in...

Back
Top Bottom