Onsite Dive Shop at Park Royal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dimitrik

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Headed down to the Grand Park Royal in July. Does anyone know who the onsite operator is? Also any feedback you have on this operator would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Headed down to the Grand Park Royal in July. Does anyone know who the onsite operator is? Also any feedback you have on this operator would be greatly appreciated.
Used to be Aquaworld. Not sure if it still is.

I would book with one of the independent ops. Some are represented on this board (Aldora, for example) or have big fans here who are very loyal. My fav is Living Underwater. Put it out there for recommendations and they will come piling in.

I THINK it is still Aquaworld, although it is not listed on the Park Royal website. Aquaworld is one of those "do everything" operations, with a Submarine ride, glass-bottom boat, snorkel tours, etc., with scuba diving just part of the mix. It has gotten mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, including a few unfavorable reviews from experienced divers. I've never used them, but I personally would go with a different Dive Op - one of the many high-end ops recommended on this board, like Aldora, Blue XT-Sea, Tres Pelicanos, Living Underwater, and others. Also, if you are looking for a low cost Op, Dive with Martin is located right at the end of the International Pier, a very easy walk from Park Royal, and IMO an excellent budget Dive Op. I prefer using Aldora - love the HP Steel 120 tanks, the LONG bottom times, the long SI at a beach club. But I've been diving with Dive with Martin several times on group trips, and I'd recommend them.

I THINK it is still Aquaworld, although it is not listed on the Park Royal website. Aquaworld is one of those "do everything" operations, with a Submarine ride, glass-bottom boat, snorkel tours, etc., with scuba diving just part of the mix. It has gotten mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, including a few unfavorable reviews from experienced divers. I've never used them, but I personally would go with a different Dive Op - one of the many high-end ops recommended on this board, like Aldora, Blue XT-Sea, Tres Pelicanos, Living Underwater, and others. Also, if you are looking for a low cost Op, Dive with Martin is located right at the end of the International Pier, a very easy walk from Park Royal, and IMO an excellent budget Dive Op. I prefer using Aldora - love the HP Steel 120 tanks, the LONG bottom times, the long SI at a beach club. But I've been diving with Dive with Martin several times on group trips, and I'd recommend them.
Your reasons for loving Aldora are the same reasons I love Living Underwater. Christi comes highly recommended as well.

Thanks for the info guys. I was curious for convenience more than anything. I usually stay down south at the Occidental and use their onsite operator which is very good. I have also used Blue Angel and BlueXT in the past. I will give Christi a call once i get the final dates nailed down.

Please, do not use Aquaworld. Cattle boats with limited dive times. There are MUCH better dive ops, many of which are mentioned above. My personal favorite is Scuba with Alison. And, yes, I have been on dives with Aquaworld, a 40 minute dive to paradise......

Check out Robertas Scuba Shack right next door to Aquaworld. Small boats,small groups and just a few minutes from the lobby of Park Royal

I'd also suggest Scuba Shack. My guess is that the walk is less than 1 minute from the Park Royal? They have lockers, etc, and it's VERY easy to get on their boats. Won't cost you a dock fee which you'll pay unless you dive with Aquaworld.

LoL dock fee is $8 for a week, well worth paying that and not having to slog it up and down Mt Park Royal daily. I have used Scuba Shack and I prefer other ops to them (Blue XT Sea for one).

DO NOT USE AQUAWORLD whatever you do............

Use who ever you like that will pick you up there and pay the $8. Go in the shop in the am and they should have the wrist bands or the guy outside will. Well worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom