Oops, I did it again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aly, you are reading too much into the smileys.
How's Florida treating you? Did you have much trouble with the TSA and the lead weights?

I decided last minute that the weights in Florida were trustworthy so i didn't end up having to mess with TSA:wink:. As for diving out here I'm on a dive boat tomorrow got a dive planned with one group saturday and more dives planned for friday and sunday. Warm water, no surf, how can I complain? Unfortunatly the friend who I came out here to see has been sick as a dog so i haven't really seen much of him, Instead ive been chillen with his roommate. But hay im gonna get to dive so no complaints. Hope you all miss me back there in CA.

okay, confession time. I dropped my light on entry of a night dive. I'm the instructor, doing the night portion of adventure diver cert. And I dropped it at the bouy line... The light was ON though. I looked at the group, they looked back..... My light was at the bottom about 13 meters down.
I said, " Now, I want you all to see this. This is how the beacon I'm about to hang on the descent line will look from a distance. I dropped this light because I want you to see how will look down there so you can recognize it...... " One little voice at the end said," Yeah, right." I laughed and made my DM babysit while I went and got my light, and hung the beacon. Back at the top, I explained that this would happen to any idiot who forgot to tether the lanyard to them..... I haven't forgotten in a long time.

I guess embarassment is a good teacher.

okay, confession time. I dropped my light on entry of a night dive. I'm the instructor, doing the night portion of adventure diver cert. And I dropped it at the bouy line... The light was ON though. I looked at the group, they looked back..... My light was at the bottom about 13 meters down.
I said, " Now, I want you all to see this. This is how the beacon I'm about to hang on the descent line will look from a distance. I dropped this light because I want you to see how will look down there so you can recognize it...... " One little voice at the end said," Yeah, right." I laughed and made my DM babysit while I went and got my light, and hung the beacon. Back at the top, I explained that this would happen to any idiot who forgot to tether the lanyard to them..... I haven't forgotten in a long time.

Nice way to save face.:cheers:

I decided last minute that the weights in Florida were trustworthy so i didn't end up having to mess with TSA:wink:. As for diving out here I'm on a dive boat tomorrow got a dive planned with one group saturday and more dives planned for friday and sunday. Warm water, no surf, how can I complain? Unfortunatly the friend who I came out here to see has been sick as a dog so i haven't really seen much of him, Instead ive been chillen with his roommate. But hay im gonna get to dive so no complaints. Hope you all miss me back there in CA.

Warm water and no surf? Sounds boring.

No surf = Boring

All this big talk, can't wait until you get knocked by the next big wave. :mooner:

Thats the best thing about the waves. Is getting pounded by them :). You should know that about me by now. The dive today was good 5-10ft viz. hardly any waves. But had a nice Leak on my right leg.

Thats the best thing about the waves. Is getting pounded by them :). You should know that about me by now. The dive today was good 5-10ft viz. hardly any waves. But had a nice Leak on my right leg.

Did you not fix the whole well enough or do you have a problem stepping on sharp objects?

Give up the dry suite and start diving wet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom