Open-Ended Bans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is site support. Can we please stick to the topic? There are plenty of other areas to play in.
Sorry Doc but I really would be interested in it. I had no idea that this was done. I did wonder how you could use addresses since multiple users might use the same computer.

There is no "formal" analysis... the users quite often detect sock puppets way before we ever could. For the most part, users tell us what is bad by using the reported post. Once alerted, it usually only takes a cursory examination to verify commonalities between a sock puppet and the person that spawned it. This usually means a temp ban becomes a permanent ban.

When did Hawkwood quit being one "of you"?

Uncfnp, if you spent time on other forums, you'd probably notice it more often yourself. Of course, it's a lot easier to identify the markers on obnoxious posters. :wink: and on the other hand, why would anyone be concerned if a benign poster has a sockpuppet. :)

Oh, forgot to say, let Jax back.

She may have used unnecessary foul language and taken something too far but she was not wrong in her initial premise, which remained apparent even after her banning. :mad:

When did Hawkwood quit being one "of you"? ...//...
CIC, I'm a tad confused by that. Ambiguous. Many mods are able to take their "Mod Hats" off and loosen up when the spirit moves them. However, others clearly have a pike up their... Anyway, this thread is being tolerated way past what I expected. So let's take the gloves off and fight nicely, my dear. I've seen you do it before. You have something to say, what is it?

Aside: Yeah, Jax got screwed, thus our perennial "gut-punch" viewpoint has been lost because of PC. She does it to herself. She was over the line, but not so far as to be permabanned. *opinion*

Your turn...

Let's try to open-minded about all this.

I got to state my case (using half a box of information) and feel that I had my say and now I feel that going further just annoys the backroom to no benefit of anyone, especially Jax.

earlier this month..
It was his decision... you're free to ask him his reasons. I would love to have him back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom