Open Letter to Board Users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dayo Scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Open Letter to Board Users.

I hope you are all having a great weekend. I am writing this to all because I have heard through the grapevine that Scubaboard was overcharged by its hosting center, and Pete (Net Doc) was charged for service that the board did not use. I know that this cannot happen again because Pete moved the location of the board to a much better hosting facility where he will be treated fairly.

In the words of a well known radio journalist “now…the rest of the story”. Having had to pay for the hosting of the site twice, adding - the cost of moving it, plus adding new servers, etc. has created a deficiency of funds for Scubaboard, and while I am not sure of this, I feel certain that Pete has been paying out of pocket to help defray its expenses. While I am sure that SB does have some income from the few ads they run, it is we the users who benefit from this board. Even though I know that Pete would never ask. I think that if we all sent in a few bucks to help with this unexpected expense we would insure that SB will continue to be able to provide a great way to keep us all informed in the Scuba world. FTS will start the ball rolling by sending a check. I hope that others will follow.

Scubaboard
InterMedia Publications, Inc.
380 S SR434 Suite # 1004-283
Altamonte Springs, FL, 32714
United States of America.

Peter Friedman
Florida Technical Scuba

Well I went "Red", the information that I've gotten off this board is huge compared to the small price of helping out. And to trhink I might actually make alot of new friends on here in the coming weeks as I hit Florida. Thanks for all. :D

-rhyz

Edited: As D_B stated if more help is need feel free to PM me.

I'd let mine lapse - nice reminder to get RED again!

I always found it amazing that many of the people who complained about the board being up and down during the rough times weren't supporting members.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
I always found it amazing that many of the people who complained about the board being up and down during the rough times weren't supporting members.

TwoBit

Cool - I can complain now!?!

:)

$$$ mine will be in the mail first thing in the morning.

OK I'm in... figure since I spend so much time on here anyway.... and I can't complain if I'm not in on it can I?

Too bad about all these problems There's a lot of lost momentum... Hopefully we can build it back up

Back
Top Bottom